𝟕. 𝐇𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲

........basically, this was all that lead to the partition of the castle and rule." Sir James explained the topic in discussion.

"Nishimura Riki!" The man gritted his teeth as his voice echoed in the silent theatre room.

"Wha- I'm awake I'm awake!" The boy shook his head while jerking his body to get up.

"If you sleep again you're out of the class." Sir James, an average height skinny man with deep dark circles under his eyes, threatened and the boy rubbed his eyes while trying to straighten his back.

"But that doesn't explain why didn't King Axel's son just get the rule. After all, he was the rightful heir by default." Eunhae raised the question earning everyone's attention.

"Miss. Kim, you weren't quite paying in the last class I suppose. According to the law, only the oldest gets to rule. Prince Hein was the youngest out of the three sons queen Lucy gave birth to." Sir James answered.

"But wasn't prince Orpheus technically the rightful heir to the throne as well, I mean he was the king's brother's son right?" Jay added the question.

"That's where the clash arises my dear students. Prince Orpheus was no doubt the Queen's offspring but he was not born lawfully. He was the illegitimate child of Queen Lucy and Prince Athan. This made both the princes candidates for the throne, Orpheus by the birthright and Hein by his lawful birth."

"Why didn't they just make Prince Odin the king. That would've solved everything." Heeseung joked with a chuckle and everyone stared back at him with crossed eyebrows.

"Are you really that numb in the skull?" Sohyeon retorted.

"Why are we even wasting our time discussing the past? What are we even going to gain from it?" Sunoo groaned while bringing the corner of his lips down in a frown.

"That my child is what you don't understand yet. The past is very important. In fact the most crucial piece for our future. The war didn't just end there. We're still under the divided rule. We have to learn from this history. Literally." Sir James raised his eyebrows while placing his hands on the notebook in front of him as he leaned ahead.

"It's not like us having pointless debates is going to solve anything." Jungwon finally spoke up. "We can't have a war either. So the best thing to do now is go with the flow."

Before the teacher could respond to his thought the bell rang and everyone stood up from their seats faster than lightning.

"Why is the history period before lunch break? This is really distracting. I couldn't think about a thing other than food." Sohyeon expressed her distress as all of them made their way out to the corridors.

"When can you think about anything else anyway?" Jake snorted in response earning a deathly glare from the girl which didn't affect him since he was used to it.

"Did you get anything new?" Eunhae asked Jungwon who shook his head to the sides.

"So you two really escaped from detention?" Jay inquired as he walked beside Sunghoon.

"Huh? Oh yeah. It was just out of sheer luck. Mine of course. If it would've been Eunhae's luck we still would've been in there." Sunghoon answered with a smug grin.

"It's so funny that no one noticed you two were supposed to be in detention." Riki laughed while placing his arm over Sunghoon's shoulders.