18. New boy

But there was just that extremely handsome boy he has seen in front of the school standing there holding a pile of books, Jimin's heartbeat becoming rapid as damn, the guy looked fine with dark nicely styled hair and glasses falling on the edge of...

But there was just that extremely handsome boy he has seen in front of the school standing there holding a pile of books, Jimin's heartbeat becoming rapid as damn, the guy looked fine with dark nicely styled hair and glasses falling on the edge of his nose playfully. Jimin has definitely never seen anyone who would look so good in a school uniform.

"The new student... Ah, yes, Namjoon has mentioned something like that," Mr. Seokjin sighed.
"Please introduce yourself to the class quickly and... take place next to Jimin over there."

"What!" Jimin almost squealed, but there has only been the seat next to him free as no one in his class wanted to share the same bench as him.

"Um... hi, nice to meet you. I'm Yeo Jungkook, yes, I just moved in here with... my parents so, I hope it will be a nice experience here at school. That's it," the boy became extremely red in the face hurrying through the class to pull out the chair next to Jimin and slam his books on the desk.

"Hi, I'm Jungkook," he whispered.

"You've said that," Jimin sighed.

The boy became so red he hid his face in his hands for a few seconds and Jimin cursed at his own stupidity, he has just managed to make Jungkook unlike him, like all the other ones.

"Yeo! Park! You can get to know each other and have little chit chats during the break," Mr. Seokjin sent them a judging gaze, so both tried their best to not to burst out with laughter their eyes meeting, the boy's mischievous ones so nice.

Actually it might not be so bad that the only free spot is next to me, thought Jimin.

"Jimin! Um... my schedule says lunch break now, could you maybe show me the way to the cafeteria?" Jungkook raised a crumbled piece of paper his way when they were packing after Mr. Seokjin's class.

"Hey cutie, it's Jungkook right?" Yeseong, one of the most popular girls at school who happened to be their classmate approached them with her three best friends. "I can gladly show you around, you don't need to hang out with that loser only because you have been unlucky enough to land a place next to him," her fake nails rested on Jungkook's board chest when Jimin closed his fists.

"I've asked Jimin, bye there," Jungkook grabbed his stuff giving Jimin a sign to follow, so he needed a second to move his feet the stunned he was.

"Jungkook, it's fine I'm the outcast everyone bullies, it's really the worst choice to befriend me during the first day," said Jimin honestly catching up to Jungkook in the corridor.

"She seemed like a loser to me, you seem pretty cool," Jungkook blushed hard.

"Um..." Jimin had no idea what to tell so he pressed his hands into his pockets walking to the cafeteria with the boy closely keeping his side.

They were receiving a lot of bad glances yet both ignored reaching the end of the cafeteria line then moving up slowly to fill in their trays and walk up to the table in the corner Jimin liked as it has been far from everyone.

Jungkook seemed tense when he took place across him concentrating on his plate while Jimin noticed his right hand has been bandaged up.

"What has happened to you?" He asked.

"A sports injury, was playing for the team in my previous school, it's nothing serious," Jungkook smiled to him.

"What sport are you playing?"

"Baseball... I mean in my family everyone plays baseball, grandfather, father, uncle, you know the tradition," Jungkook lowered his gaze grabbing for the chopsticks.

'The shuttered dream of my childhood and youth,' Mr. Jeon's words from last night sounded in his head.

"Jimin are you ok?" Jungkook's face became troubled.

"Yes, just... doesn't matter."

"I wanted to ask, are you really ok? I think I have seen you falling from the stairs yesterday."

Their eyes met and Jimin felt so odd, Jungkook was so handsome yet so tense and weird, a freaking bigger nerd than him, he was cute though.

"I'm fine, it's not a big deal," Jimin played it cool.

"Hey, new boy wanna join our table instead of wasting your time with this," Junoh's voice sounded above him and he pushed his tray against Jimin's head painfully.

"Auch!"

"Hey you jerk, hands off him!" Jungkook jumped up towering over Junoh almost accidentally colliding his elbow with his tray so everything Junoh was holding splashed on his school uniform.

Now the whole cafeteria was looking their way, Jimin's heart pounding crazily. Junoh sent him and Jungkook a hateful glance storming out of the cafeteria discarding the tray in the nearest trash bin. The other boys from his clique following him quickly when Jungkook fixed his glasses sitting down on the chair.

"Thanks man but you really shouldn't have done it, what if they will make your life hell for it," whispered Jimin sitting back.

Jungkook sighed looking at him seriously.

"They won't dare to do it, I can deal with them, stick close to me and it will be all ok, trust me."

Jimin raised his eyes open totally stunned by that unexpected answer.

"Um... that's... I think I'll get going now," he jumped up when Jungkook's jaw fell.

"Have I done something wrong?" He asked.

"No... just... I don't need pity," Jimin grabbed his backpack.

"There's no pity... I... I think you're a nice person and I'd like to become your friend."

"You don't know me," hissed Jimin.

"Jimin, um... nice hoodie... it, looks good on you," stuttered Jungkook when Jimin was so confused he muttered something indecipherable then stormed out of the cafeteria even quicker than Junoh and his boys had done before.

Jungkook for sure was the weirdest guy he has ever met.

Thank you so much for your support. Did you enjoy the chapter? What do you think about Jikook's meeting as students? How will their relationship develop form here?

Much <3