Extra 3

On a gloomy afternoon where the sun was covered by dark grey clouds, baby cries echoed through the quiet halls. A fair woman with messy tangled hair stared at the baby silently, watching it cry helplessly.

She sighed before carrying the baby into her arms, rocking them in her arms ever so carefully. Big bright celeste blue eyes stared at the woman that carried them.

"Hera...my sweet baby.." she muttered quietly, relief washed over her face as she noticed her baby had stopped crying.

"Please forgive mother.." she whispered into the quiet room where no eyes laid on them.

The woman had tears welled up in her eyes as she lovingly stroked her baby's chubby cheeks.

"I shouldn't have done that.. I shouldn't have listened... I shouldn't have been blinded by money... by everything.." the woman cried out, her arms holding her baby tightly.

"If I haven't, you wouldn't need to suffer.."

"I shouldn't have listened to those demons."

The woman suddenly smiled as she placed her baby back into the crib. She wiped her tears away and laughed.

"Hera, mother is sorry. Please forgive your stupid mother, she will listen to those demons once more."

Her baby didn't understand her mother's words and instead reached out towards her, babbling nonsense. The woman broke into tears once more, watching her daughter trying to reach out to her.

"Please forgive your mother." the woman repeated as she grabbed hold of a knife inside her pocket.

"Ah~?" the baby called out, looking over at the woman who was kneeling on the ground, the knife in her hands.

The woman turned to her baby, extending her arms up to the air and with a smile the knife came down, blood splattering everywhere on the floor and on the baby.

The baby watched with wide eyes, flinching as they heard a disgusting sound before seeing blood flow onto the carpets, staining it red.

"Ah?" the baby called out but received no response.

"Ah? Ah!" the baby kept repeating the same word they only were able to say but still received a response from the woman who was her mother.

Realising that they would never get a response, the baby, Hera began to cry. Big tears rolled down her cheeks as she cried, hoping that woman would respond to her like she always used to do.

But even if she cried loudly, the woman was long dead, bleeding out on the carpet.

Years flew by and Hera grew up. She was now four years old living in the main palace ever since that incident. The one who had found her was her own father.

When he found her, crying her heart out inside the crib with a dead body beside it, he only stared at it soullessly before ordering the servants to take care of her.

"You are lucky that woman killed herself or else you would have died alongside with her." he said before leaving the room, never turning back.

Hera used to ask her nanny who had taken care of her all this while, where her mother was. At a young age, she already knew her very own mother was not the empress. She could sense hostility from her every time they saw each other.

Her nanny who gave her love and taught her everything she knew, looked at her with a sad smile. The only thing her nanny could respond to was that her mother was somewhere far away.

Hera soon understood the meaning behind those words and finally stopped asking her nanny about her mother.

"Hera!!" she heard a familiar voice calling her name in front of her room entrance.