Chapter 2

As Mason was still pondering over his situation, he heard a knock on the door. Blank for a moment, he was about to say, "Come in" when the door was opened before his reply. A man who was about 6 feet tall entered the room with butler clothes on. His appearance was handsome and neat and his posture was tall and straight.

Mason unconsciously stared at the man, dumbstruck at his appearance while correspondingly the tall man stared at himself, equally stunned at the already awake young master.

"Why is this brat awake so early, today?"

"Good morning, fourth young master. It's good to see you wake up by yourself. "

"Um ah yes, good morning, Jadon."

"Yes, let's get ready for breakfast, fourth young master."

This man was familiar yet unfamiliar to him. The memories he just received, implied to him that this was the villain's butler who had served him for the past five years, Jadon. This guy knew the villain better than his family since he was with him almost 24/7.

This made Mason nervous all of a sudden.

"What if he realizes that I am not the villain Mason but someone else. "

The best possible solution Mason could think of at the moment was to stay away from this guy, to avoid any suspicion. He had to stay away not only because he didn't want to get caught but also because this was the same butler who helped the male lead collect evidence and who testified against the villain in the course of his banishment.

This guy was dangerous and disloyal, even though he was handsome. With black hair neatly combed backward and onyx eyes that had a distinct glint to them, who would've thought that he would abandon his master when he needed him the most.

"Yeah, I'll freshen up and be down for breakfast by myself, Jadon. You can go back now."

"But fourth young master can you really do it by yourself? Let this servant help you."

"Ah no, thank you. I can do it myself."

"Then I'll wait for you outside fourth young master"

After saying this, Jadon walked away with a faint sneer at the corner of his mouth.

"Woah this guy really hates me, doesn't he?"

Mason was an adult trapped in a twelve year old's body and he had seen enough of the world to read peoples emotions through their faces. He had also already accepted the fact that he had become the villain of the novel, who was bound to die in another 8 years.

"Might as well live comfortably in this huge room for the next 8 years" he thought. Anyway, he just had to avoid the main characters and people involved in the plot.

Mason unhurriedly freshened up and changed into his clothes. He wasn't a person who thought much about his clothes and since he was just a 12 year old right now, he just wore a white shirt and pair of shorts with suspenders on.

After getting dressed, he decided to head down towards the dining room with the help of the memories he received. When he reached out and tried to pull the door open, he realized that he was really.....     .....short. Eventhough his appearance didn't face any drastic changes but he still just couldn't get accustomed to his current height.