s i x

BREAKING THE FOURTH WALL

        CALLISTA opened her eyes, slowly. she was currently laying on the bright green grass, hearing music and chatter near her. she sat up, and looked around, noticing a carnival around her. she looked down at herself, seeing she was still her her halloween costume. 

        she sighed, and quickly stood up, her head pounding from the night before. it felt like she remembered everything that had ever happened to her before westview, but somehow forgot all of it again. there were clowns honking horns, people in weird costumes, callista was just confused. 

        a man in a blue, tight one-piece approached callista, annoyed. "you're the new trapeze girl?" 

        "actually no-" callista started, but was cut off by the man. 

         "at least you're already in costume," he finished, sighing. "you're late for rehearsal with the lions, since you're supposed to be on the tightrope above them. come on," he motioned, walking away, wanting callista to follow him. callista didn't follow, but simply looked around, seeing the girl she saw the night before in a wacky blue and red costume, chained up.

        callista started to approach the girl, when she gave her a weird look. "can i help you, creeper?" the woman asked, her red lipstick really sticking out. 

        "i'm guessing you don't remember me from last night," callista groaned, shaking her head. "whatever, anyway, there was an unspoken understanding between us." 

        "um, i'm straight, so hard pass." the woman stated, ripping the chains that were around her body easily like it was nothing. she started to walk away, but callista started to follow her. 

        "wait!" callista called out. "just wait up!" 

         "stop following me," the woman groaned, not looking back at callista and kept walking. 

        the two landed in what seemed like the middle of the circus, since most props and people were in that area. "excuse me, but i'm telling you, you tried to help me." 

        "doubtful, i'm notoriously self-involved," the woman stated, boredom in her voice. 

        callista quickly jumped in front of the woman, sticking her pointer and middle finger on the woman's shoulder, sending a shock of electricity through her body. "woah," the woman stumbled over her own feet, getting back to her normal state.