Chapter 35

POV Michael

That fucking investigation takes hours. Isn't it obvious that one of these nurses hides the medicine deliberately? "Look into their lockers!" I snap at the police officer in front of me. "A colleague of mine is checking that right now." The man says calmly, but his expression said otherwise.

Luckily, they are trained to remain calm in every situation. I know they are just doing their jobs, but even Felicity her doctor sounded suspicions. So that means something, right?

"Chief, I think Jane Allen is at a breaking point. She has quite the reputation for stealing meds and money." I heard a police officer speaking to his boss. "I fucking knew it." I murmur angrily.

The chief looks at me and frowns. He probably thinks about what I'm still doing here. "Mister Davis, we are handling the situation. You can go home. I contact you as soon as possible, if we have a match." The chief spoke formally. I exhale and feel my body can explode every minute they are stalling time.

"Can the interrogation get any slower?" I hiss. I better studied for a police officer. I would have had a confession by now. "Mister Davis, we know these things seem to take long for the families, but we're doing our best and work as fast as possible. We can't make any mistakes in such delicate situations. If one of the nurses are guilty, we will find her." He says to encourage me, but all I want to do is scream in his face.

How can they be so calm? Maybe she has done it with other patients as well. I don't know what she can do with blood thinners. She can sell it, yes, but I don't think it will make her rich tough.

I shake my head in disbelief and walk out of the institution. Quickly, I dial the number of the hospital where Felicity is staying. "Hi, I'm Michael Davis, is the condition of my sister Felicity Graham still the same?" I ask the desk lady. "I'll check it for you, sir. One minute, please." The friendly lady says.

I march toward my car as I wait for more information about my sister's health. "Mister Davis?" She asks. "Yes?" I answer, hoping to hear some good news because I can use it.

"Your sister is much better. They have made a picture of her lungs ten minutes ago and they saw the blood clots are gone. That's splendid news for your sister, sir." She explains friendly. "Thank you so much for the information." I say before ending the call.

I rest my head against my steering wheel and blow out to relax for a moment. She's going to be alright. Everything is going to be alright with us.

Sofia? Fuck, it didn't occur to me to call her or even text her. I totally forgot to let her know how the investigation was going in the institution. What will she think of me now? I push the gas pedal down and feel the roar of my powerful car. I want to see my girl now. I have to feel her, see her, to know everything will be okay.

She's my true happiness.

I pull into the parking lot at Sofia's house. She'll be relieved when she hears Felicity will heal properly. I knock on the door and Ginny opens the door, her attitude down. "Hi, Ginny." I great her friendly. "Hi, Michael. Did you hear from your sister?" She asks me in concern. "Yes, I called half an hour ago. The blood clots are gone. She'll heal perfectly." I say with a smile.

"That's glorious news, Michael." She says with a smile that hides something else. Her expression wasn't happy at all. I look around the house to see if I can spot my girl, and my heart stops for a second. "Where is she?" I ask with a trembling voice, feeling the panic rise. No, this can't be happening. She can't be gone. What happened?

"She's upstairs, but she's not feeling well, Michael. She'll explain everything." Ginny says softly and I swallow hard. What's wrong with her? I take the stairs in three large steps and knock on the door. "Come in," I hear her gentle voice behind the door.