Wrong {Clint x Reader}

(Y/n) P.O.V.

I get back to the tower, giggling a little. It's pretty late, but that's nothing new. Everyone must be asleep considering how dark it is in here. I opt against turning on the light, and scrounge around in the dark. I don't have to for long before a light source turns on. I look over towards it, ready to fight, to see Clint next to the lamp. I laugh a little and lower my hands. "Gee, Clint, did you bring a lamp in here just to scare me? What are you doing up so late?"

"Your right. It is late. Why are you just getting in?" My smile falters. "I was just on a date with Keith. I let everyone know about it, you included. Is it really a surprise?" I give a half hearted chuckle to relieve the tension, but he still seems upset. "We have an early meeting with Fury tomorrow. That's a bit irresponsible of you." He accuses. "Then why are you awake?"

"This isn't about me, it's about your constant nights out. Do you care about this team or not." Now I'm full on pissed. "Of course I care about this team. You have no right to question my loyalties just because I have a life outside of the Avengers." I exclaim, barely restraining my voice from getting too loud. "Well it certainly seems like I have to. You spend all your time with him." Clint grumbles. "When was the last time you did some proper training?"

"Oh my god! Why the hell do you care so much? It's not hurting you at all!"

"Yes. It is!" He said, getting a little louder. "How?" I shout. "How the hell is it hurting you?"

"Because I love you!" His shout seemed to flow throughout the entire building. An echo that never stops ringing in my ears. "Because I can't stand the thought of another mans hands on you. Because I want to go to bed at night knowing you love me too. Because I want you so bad, it physically hurts me everyday." I stare at him in shock. Some deep dark part of me is happy to hear him say it, but I think better of it. "Clint, I...I'm going to bed. Maybe you should do the same. Meeting and all." I quickly gather my stuff and walk past him towards my room.

~~~~~

I rub my eyes blearily. I didn't sleep much last night. I drag to get dressed, mulling over Clint's confession. Is he who I want? Am I meant to be with him? What about Keith? I'm startled by a knock at my door. "(Y/n)?" Clint asks softly. "Can we please talk?" I close my eyes, just pretending he isn't there for a moment, but he knocks again. "Please?" I can't ignore how sad he sounds. I stand and open the door. "I think we should." I say, letting him in. He stands in the middle of the room awkwardly, looking unsure of what to say.

"Why?" I ask quietly. "Why did you never bring this up?" He looks away. "It just came out last night. I got angry and defensive. I waited too long. Now you're in love with another man, and-" I cut him off. "I'm not in love with Keith."

"W-What?" I can't help but laugh a little. "Keith has been...fun. A lot of fun. He's sweet and charming. He's a great guy, but he's not quite perfect. But I still don't want to hurt him." Clint looks at me dejectedly. "Then where does that leave us?" I sigh. "I don't know. There's a part of me that says I should ask you to leave, and another wants to kiss you right now."

"So do it. What are we holding back from what we want?" I look at him in disbelief. "Because I'm with another man, and let's not forget that you yelled at me last night for zero reason other than your jealousy." He looks like a kicked puppy. I have to look away. "I'm sorry, (Y/n). I really am. But please," he takes my hand, "think about this." I look into his eyes now. "I can't stop thinking about you. Your smile, your laugh, your strength. Everyday, you're on my mind. What you're doing, how you're feeling, what you want. I ask that you at least consider that I could make you happy."

I don't think anymore. I press my lips to his, he immediately kisses back, he pulls me closer, I let him, I pull him on top of me on the bed, he doesn't stop. We ended up being late for that meeting.

~~~~~

I'm a terrible person, holy shit, I'm a terrible person. It's been a couple of days since that morning, and Clint and I haven't talked about it. I've been avoiding him. And Keith. And to make matters worse, Tony has been insisting Keith come tonight to his random charity ball party or whatever it is this time. So now I have to be stuck in the same place with the person I cheated on and the person I cheated with. I'm brought from my thoughts by Wanda tugging roughly on my hair.

"Jesus Wanda, what the hell?" She smirks, which means she meant to, and stops tugging so much. "You've clearly got something in your mind. What is it? Are you nervous about Keith meeting the team?" I frown. "Something like that." She gives me a suspicious look. "What happened?" I roll my eyes. "Just drop it. I'll figure it out." She nods, placing the final touches, then says, "It's about Clint isn't it? He told you he loved you?" If I had been drinking something, I would have choked on it. I whirl around to face her. "How did you know?"

"He wasn't exactly quiet when he shouted it. Are thinking about being with him? Have you talked about it at all?" I feel my face heat up, and look away. "Oh, we talked." Her eyes widen. "(Y/n)...did you- you guys did more then talk, didn't you?" I hide my face in my hands in shame. "I know, I cheated, I'm horrible! I don't know what to do, Wanda!" She grabs my shoulders and makes me look her in the eyes. "First, calm down. You're not horrible-"

"Yes I am. I didn't want to hurt Keith. And-And once a cheater always a cheater, no one can trust me ever again-"

"Shut up! None of that is true. (Y/n), you need to think about what you want, then talk to both of them. Now tell me, because deep down you know, who do you want to be with?" I take a breath, thinking more clearly then I have in the past few days. "I want Clint. I want to be with Clint." Wanda smiles. "Good. Now Pietro owes me ten bucks." I groan and hide my face again. "This party is going to suck." Wanda forces me to my feet. "Yup, big night."

~~~~~

I see Clint look at me sadly from the bar. I still haven't talked to him, I wanted to break things off with Keith first, but everyone loved him and now they're off hazing him. A slow song comes on, and it doesn't take long for Keith to find me. "Care to dance?" He asks with a charming smile. I take his hand, and we are on the dance floor. "Are you okay? You seem distracted." I take a deep breath, wanting to be as gentle as possible. "Keith, we need to talk." He smiles. "Well, we're talking."

"I want to break up." I say bluntly. He takes a step back. "What? Why?" I look at the ground. "I did something bad. But it made me realize that I...I'm not in love you. And we shouldn't be together." His face contorts in anger. "This is about that blonde bastard, isn't it?" I bite my lip, which tells him all he needs to know. "Oh, I should have known! It's always 'Clint did this' and 'Clint said that.' I should have known your just a bitch who was using me to get to what you couldn't have." I look around, and notice a few eyes on us. "Keith, please, that's not true. Can we talk about this somewhere else?"

"No! No, let everyone see you for what you really are?" Well I'm done trying to do this peacefully. I puff up in anger. "Oh, and what am I really? Because from where I'm standing you're the one who's being a dick while I'm trying to do this the right way." He points an accusing finger in my face. "You're really a shallow whore who never gave a damn about me."

"I did care, Keith. I never meant to hurt you. This just isn't right."

"You didn't mean to hurt me? Then look me in the eyes and tell me you didn't cheat on me." I fall silent. He understands. "Ridiculous." Keith grabs my arm roughly. "You really are a slut." I rip my arm out of my is grasp. "You should leave." He gives me a withering look, but stalks off. I notice that all eyes in the area has turned towards the scene. "What?" I hiss making everyone turn away. I walk quickly over to the bar where Clint is still sitting. He sees me coming, and immediately straightens up.

"(Y/n), I know things-" I cut him off by grabbing his collar and kissing him passionately. "I'm sorry, was that inappropriate?" I ask when we break. "Not at all." He stands up and pulls me back in for another kiss. And for once, it feels perfect.