Chapter 54

She looked irritated and beyond angry.

"And if I refuse?" she spat out.

"You can try but then I will never reveal Isaac's location."

"You are a vile man." She scowled and pulled her sword back changing her line of sight to focus now on me before making her way over.

"No, don't kill her her..." Prince Edward who was barely conscious tried to stop her but was completely ignored.

She stopped in front of me. She looked conflicted and a sad frown graced her lips.

"I'm sorry for this." She lifted up her sword with both hands in preparation.

"W...ai.." I broke out into a coughing fit. Shit. The worst timing. I refuse to let Patrick win. I needed to stop her but my body was not allowing it.

She took a deep breath and shut her eyes lifting up the sword higher before dropping it down. I tried to move out the way.

"Nooo!"

Someone yelled. I couldn't make out who as my mind was completely focused on the searing pain I was currently experiencing through the right side of my chest as I had barely managed to dodge the blade which would have pierced through right into my heart.

The pain was immeasurable. Her blade had pierced right through my lung between my rib cage.

Strangely she did not remove it right after and use it to finish the job which should have been completed with the first blow.

Amongst the agony I was feeling I could only just make out where her attention was drawn to. A blurred figure was trying to crawl towards me.

Isaac.

It was him who had screamed. He had his sole focus on me and getting nearer and nearer. Isla looked like she had seen a ghost and dared not move an inch.

I moved my gaze onto Patrick. He looked equally shocked but it soon turned into a fit of rage.

"Why?!" He screamed out. Then looked up and began to laugh. The tone was off. His laughter was all that could be heard.

Isaac managed to get over to me. His expression was very distraught.

"Y-you cannot... Die..." He placed his two hands onto the gashing wound on my side which Richard had inflicted earlier. Isaac tried with what little strength he had to apply pressure to it.

"You said... You said you would come back.. Back to get me..." A tear fell down his dirty cheek.

I lifted up a heavy arm to wipe it away. Isaac's teary navy blue eyes shot up to meet my own. He was shaking. I could tell he was scared.

I tried to give him a small smile but before I could movement to the side caught my eye. I grabbed Isaac's head and pulled him down to my chest in an attempt to save him from the menacing swing of the sword.

Patrick missed and before he could try again, he was blocked by the Prince. I had not even noticed that Prince Edward had gotten up.

He had blood all over his face and looked like an absolute mad man. Rage was dancing in his eyes like a burning fire.

The clashing of swords woke Isla up from her stupor. She reacted by moving quickly to grab Isaac and try move him out of the way of the swinging blades but Isaac would not let go of me.

"You have to let go. Please let go." She voiced out her desperation.

Isaac was troubled. He held onto me tighter. I looked up at Isla my gaze meeting her pleading eyes. I knew what I had to do.