Chapter 13

Liam's POV

My eyes widened at what she said, and Natalie turned to me with the exact same expression I was wearing.

"And why am I telling you this?" She asked, mostly at herself, and then to me.

"I have no fucking idea. Holy shit." She blinked countless of times and brought a fist to her mouth. I could tell that she was surprised by her own actions and she was definitely regretting it.

"That was not my secret to tell." She told me and paced around the room back and forth.

"You see, that's why everyone in this castle hates me! Ugh, I can't put a lid on my mouth once it starts talking. I mean, it might not have a filter but at least I'm telling the truth right? One time there was this newborn vampire that was sent in the castle and he wore the death of fashion so I told him "Hey, I really like your style. Where did you get that? In your grandma's closet?" And later, I learned that his grandma just died." She finished and I'm sure that my mouth was hanging open after she retells the story.

"See, even you, are judging me." She accused and Dragon let out an annoyed whine on my lap before plopping down on the bed. Natalie gaped and I covered my mouth to stop myself from smiling. After that, a comfortable silence settled over us.

"You're handling this pretty well." Natalie observed and she was looking at me when she said it. I slowly lowered my hand and placed it on my lap before answering her.

"What?" I asked.

"Liam. Before the other night, you never knew that our kind existed. You got abducted, by us, by vampires, nonetheless. We tried to eat you, and, you found out you're not just a simple human. Wait, did I already mention that you got kidnapped?" She asked and I nodded my head at her question.

"Normally, humans would either shit their pants or pass out. Then, when they wake up, they're gonna try to run or they're not going to believe what's happening. But you never did any of that." She pointed out and even I was amazed by myself for not going crazy after all that happened.

"I'm used to situations like...this. Situations where I can't do anything but accept what happened and deal with it. Besides, the king said no one would hurt me, and that's good for me for now." I told her with honesty and fiddled with my fingers. All that's happened to me, made me like this, and I don't know if I should be grateful for it or resent it.

"But I'm so scared. I still am." Being alone in a castle full of vampires is terrifying. I may handle difficult situations well, but that doesn't mean that I don't feel a thing.

"I'm sorry, Liam. I truly am. But you should know, you're not leaving here anytime soon." She confessed and I hang my head low as my lips formed into a tight line and I tried to fight off my tears.

"I might not be the best of company, but I want to be your friend. I don't know how that works but, is that ok with you?" She asked me and she looked nervous as if it was her first time doing this.

"A friend?" I voiced out and she smiled at the curious yet hopeful tone in my voice.

"Yeah, a friend. I promise, I'll try not to eat you." She smiled and it immediately occurred to her what she just said.

"Shit. See? That's why I don't have lots of company." She let out a frustrated groan and that made me smile a little.

"I..I would like that." I whispered and looked at her beneath my lashes. She stopped moving and blinked countless of times before a wide grin broke out on her face.

"I'm Natalie. Natalie Kingsley." She walked towards me and held out a hand. I looked at it and her for a moment before I extended mine.

"I'm Liam. Liam Claremont."