Turned Upsidedown

3:45 AM.

Davey was never one to stay up this late successfully. He could be studying or reading but always subconsciously passed out around midnight. Now what kept a Jacob up this late?

Mr. Jack Kelly.

The two had been texting back and forth, which led to a FaceTime, for the past 10 hours. You heard me right, 10.

Even I don't know what led them to this, possibly the fact they are hopelessly in love with each other. But hey, these types of nights were fun.

You hit the sleep deprivation stage around 12 and start laughing at everything, Davey started rambling about moons and stars. And Jack casually painted him as he was hanging upside down from the couch, messing with the strings of a hoodie Jack had dropped off.

Jack found out that night that Davey could get extremely flustered, extremely easily. Of course he used that to his advantage. And got really cute screenshots.

"I have a friend who does photography. We should get pictures." Jack suggested.

Davey hummed "For me to look horrible and you to make it your Lock Screen? No thanks."

Jack whined "Awww Dave. C'mon please! You would look great."

Davey shook his head, he was never one for photos, "Next to you? I would look eh."

"Dave we both know you look better than everyone everyday of your life now let's get some damn pictures." Jack pushed.

Davey covered his face, sighing. "Fine. Only for you."

Jack lit up, the biggest smile Davey has ever seen, the prettiest too. "I'll shoot him a text then!"

Davey smiled softly, just taking the moment to admire Jack. He noted every little detail on his face, the scar under his lip and on his chin. A leftover paint smudge on his forehead from earlier that Davey never pointed out. He was perfect, and Davey was hella lucky.

2:45 PM.

Davey had found it extremely difficult to keep his eyes open for his first lecture. He almost gave into it a few times, but after three coffees and a trip to the library he was wide awake. Luckily, Mush had a good idea of what they were learning about and lended Davey his notes.

And that's what he was doing when Wendy's was sat in front of him and a kiss was placed to his temple.

"Don't tell anyone I got up only an hour ago." Jack whispered, smiling wide.

Davey fished a salad from the white paper bag, laughing a little "Thank you for lunch."

"No problem!" Jack looked at the open notebooks and laptop, and then back at Davey "How do ya know where anything is?"

Davey hummed, looking up from the notebooks "It's a talent." He looked right back down at them, resting his head in his hand and flipping a page.

"Whatever floats your boat." Jack shrugged.

Davey took a bite of his salad, "What's that supposed to mean?"

Jack gave him another kiss, this one on his forehead, "I'm late for my class I'll call you tonight see ya Dave!" Jack stole a fry and left the library.

It was small little moments like that that Davey appreciated the most.

5:45 PM

Davey stood up from the park bench, swinging his bag over his shoulder, his nose shoved in a book. He walked to his car, the sun already setting. It reminded him of Jack's paintings. A few stars splattered across the sky, a navy orange yellow pink gradient, the sun poking out over the tops of silhouetted trees.

Davey threw his bag in the passenger side, setting the book on top of it. He was lost in his thoughts. His life seemed like a book, a whirlwind of stress and love and family and friends. The almost perfect life. But David knew that not everything can last forever. Something was bound to happen, something bad.

Being aware of this thought only jinxed him. What was supposed to be just a drive back to his apartment with Blink and Mush turned into a disaster. A small child had run out into traffic, causing Davey to swerve the car into a whole different lane. A semi had hit him straight on and that's the last thing he remembered.

A/N there's a perfectly logical explanation for all of this, you see that perfectly logical actual explanation is