Chapter 10 - Pancakes

"But how are we going to get back, Lo? Please tell me we don't have to use the portals, again. You know how much I hate-mmph!."

"Hush, darling," Loki says as he shoves a forkful of Steve's pancakes into your mouth. Buttery and perfectly crisp on the outside yet fluffy on the inside, the feeling of them melting on your tongue causes you let out a moan as Loki pulls the fork from your lips. 

"That's no fair, Lo," you say after swallowing the blissful bites of syrupy confection. "You can't just feed me to shut me up."

"I would never," Loki says with a mischievous grin, holding up yet another forkful of perfection. You accept the mouthful and let out another groan of satisfaction.

"Careful Steve," calls out Tony from the couch. "You make anymore and they might not make it to their room."

"I think I'm flattered?" says Steve with a laugh, standing in the kitchen and finishing up the last round of pancakes. You laugh as you look over and see he has relented, and tied Pepper's purple apron around his neck and waist.

"You look good in ruffles, Steve," you call over. Steve's cheeks turn pink and he shakes his head. Loki lets out a rare, uncensored laugh and you take his hand beneath the table, threading your fingers through his.

"All right you two, that's all the batter I've got," says Steve, placing the last plate of pancakes on the table in front of you and Loki. "Finish up, Y/n," he says, looking at you as he pulls off the apron and folds in nicely, putting it back in the kitchen drawer. "We've got training in two hours."

"Whatever will I do with all my free time today?" Loki teases you, nuzzling into your neck.

"Free time?" says Steve with a grin. "You don't have any free time, Loki. I expect you in there with us."

Your heart leaps and you look over at Steve, a silent "thank-you" in your eyes. You know that he hadn't originally planned on having Loki join the training, but after your conversation last night, he's going out of his way to make sure Loki feels included.

"M-me?" Loki says, a rare stutter slipping from his silver tongue. 

"Yes, you," laughs Steve. "If Y/n's going into battle, I need to be sure you're up to the task of protecting her. So put your dukes up," Steve says with a laugh before leaving, and rounding the corner to his quarters.

You expect Loki to be excited, but once Steve is out of earshot, Loki groans and lets his head fall onto your shoulder.

"What's wrong, warrior?" you tease. "I thought you liked having an excuse to beat up the guys?"

"The last time I sparred with that man, you blasted me off my feet and broke four ribs," Loki says, planting kisses on your neck.

You laugh, remembering the unfortunate blasting incident he's referring to.