chapter eighteen

<monday march 15 2021 7:36 PM>

your head is spinning so fast that it makes you dizzy, you two pull away and look in each other's eyes. the only thing you can manage to do is return the warm smile shining back at you. tommy pulls you back in for one more kiss, electrifying your body. 

being with him feels like home.

giggling uncontrollably, you grab tommy's hand and pull him out of his room and down the hall, moving as fast as your high heels with permit. 

"do you think your parents will be mad?" tommy whispers in your ear as you both slow your pace, making your way to the lounge where your family awaits.

"what? no, we were only five minutes," you whisper back. 

jake raises his eyebrows and gives you a funny look across the room as he stands up along with your parents as you all make your way to the door.

"everyone ready?" your dad opens the door.

"yep," everyone replies as you grab your jacket and everyone files out.

you crawl into the backseat together, resting your head on tommy's shoulder until you arrive at the restaurant.

you approach the restaurant entrance, your family already making it inside when someone calls, "tommy innit is that you?"

immediately, tommy turns towards this blonde haired girl with beautiful eyes and the perfect style. "oh hi there," tommy responds approaching the girl, leaving you at the entrance.

you stand and watch as tommy and the girl chat for longer than what makes you comfortable. you notice the way she wraps her arm around his shoulder, smushing her face next to his to take at least one hundred selfies. 

trying to control your slight feeling of jealously, you face down towards the sidewalk and stare at your uncomfortable heels.

"uh, excuse me?" the blonde girl calls. you ignore her but realize she's waving you over and handing you her phone. "hey! can you take a picture of us?" 

"oh yeah," you answer reluctantly, sending tommy a look that says "really?" though he doesn't give you any sort of facial expression in return.

you open up the camera and begin to take photos of tommy and the girl. everything is fine until she plants a kiss on his cheek causing tommy grab her waist. 

i shouldn't feel this angry.

you can't help feel a bit hurt that just a few minutes ago his lips were on your lips, his hands were on your hips, not this random girl who thinks she has the right to hold him like that.

bitterly, you stop taking pictures and hand the girl her phone back. tommy seems surprised and the blondie rolls her eyes and exhales in disgust. 

"can you get a few more?" she tries to give you her phone back. "we obviously weren't done," she smiles flirtatiously at tommy.

"go take your own pictures," you say, your blood boiling as you storm into the restaurant.

"y/n!" tommy catches up to you and grabs your arm. you shake him off and walk towards the table where your family is seated. "what was that all about?" tommy asks naively.

not wanting to put up with his complete obliviousness, you pull out your seat and place your jacket on the back of the chair a bit more aggressively than normal. you mutter to tommy angrily across the table, trying to avoid eye contact, "can we not talk about this now?"

time passes in slow motion as the waiter takes everyone's orders, you pick at your food once it arrives, letting your family carry the dinner conversation without participating. you sit there in your own thoughts, almost all of them about tommy, even though he's sitting right across from you. 

am i overreacting? why did he let her hold him like that? did that kiss mean nothing to him? how often do girls like her act like that towards tommy? i'm overreacting, he must see fans all the time. but why did he hold her waist? why did she kiss he cheek? gosh, why am i so jealous? 

you break out of your head when you catch tommy's worried gaze across the table. you realize that the plates have already been cleared off the table and your family is standing up and putting their jackets on. breaking his stare, you stand up and put on your jacket, immediately turning away to leave. 

the car ride home is a silent one, jake separating you and tommy. even though jake hasn't said anything to you, he can always read your emotions better than you can. the taxi arrives at the apartment building and you absentmindedly enter the penthouse and make your way to your room.

too tired to take off your makeup or get changed into more comfortable clothes, you lie down on your bed, burying your head in your hands in utter embarrassment, jealousy, and confusion.

there's a knock at your bedroom door. "y/n? can i come in?" tommy asks, his voice a bit more soft than usual.

"mhm," you groan, sitting up.

he enters slowly, closing the door behind him and taking a seat at the edge of the bed. "so," he asks carefully, "you wanna talk about it?"

"what is there to talk about?" you ask defensively. "you were there. you saw what happened."

tommy adjusts himself on the bed nervously. "am i missing something? what do you mean i saw what happened?"

"she was all over you and you just let her!"

"i- i let her? excuse you-"

"excuse me?!"

"yeah, where the hell do you get off saying that?" tommy rises off the bed and begins pacing back and forth. "then tell me, y/n, what should i have done? because clearly i can't even say hi to my fans without you ignoring me for more than an hour at dinner."

"you know what? never mind, forget it."

"no y/n, please, tell me what i should have done," tommy's tone rises ever so slightly, flames forming in his ocean blue eyes.

"maybe you shouldn't have kissed me if you planned on grabbing another's girls waist fifteen minutes later."

"what? that was a coincidence!"

"oh really? oh coincidence? how the hell is that a-"

"wow. that was low y/n."

"was it? was it really? because last time i checked, you kissed me, and then i take pictures of you and this girl while her she was on top of you!" you feel tears threatening to burst out, your ears on lit on fire from your anger. 

i've never fought with someone like this before...

"well, i guess if that's what you feel like then you won't have to worry about me kissing you anymore."

"tommy, what the hell does that even mean?" your voice cracks as you stand up and slowly approach tommy.

"if you get upset when i'm with someone else, maybe i shouldn't even be here at all," he reaches for the door knob but you grab his arm and turn him towards you.

the tears that you were trying so hard to suppress come flooding out and you shake uncontrollably. "i'm sorry," you manage to get out through your quivering lips as tommy pulls you in and holds you tight. "please don't go," you say buried into his chest, feeling one hand run through your hair as he rubs the other up and down your back comfortingly. 

he picks you up and places you gently onto your bed, pulls the covers over your trembling body and climbs in next to you. as he faces you he grabs your waist and pulls you in, playing with your hair as he hushes to you, "i'm sorry, y/n. i'm so sorry. i shouldn't have let her treat me like that. it wasn't fair to you. it's not going to happen again." you feel your teardrops soaking his shirt as he cradles you to sleep. "i'm not going anywhere."

a/n: hi y'all! just wanted to say that i changed my uploading schedule to monday, wednesday, and friday. this chapter was a bit spicy hahaha hope u enjoy.