chapter 18

nates pov-

seeing her at school in the parking lot yesterday was so hard. i miss her so much. and i regret hurting her. but now i have to get up and go to school and be miserable for another 7 hours. fuck this. i just want her back in my arms. kissing all over me.

i got out of my bed and grabbed a quick shower. i still have her body wash and hair stuff in my shower. it hurts so bad seeing them. after my shower i changed. and saw a pile of her clothes sitting in my desk still.

i picked up one of her shirts and held it up. i looked at it and dropped a tear. why am i crying so much?

i put her shirt down and went downstairs. i grabbed my keys and left.

as soon as i pulled into the parking lot i saw her walking into the school doors.

she was wearing a pair of jeans and a sweatshirt. she looked so cute.

i walked into the school and to my locker. i opened it and saw a picture of skylar that i had taped onto the side. it was my favorite picture of her. she was smiling and holding up the flowers i got her. i looked at it then quickly looked away. and as soon as i shut my locker i saw skylar standing right there.

she looked at me and i looked at her. before i said anything she hugged me. very tightly.
and of course i hugged her back.
i could hear he sniffling. i kissed the top of her head.
she came out of the hug and looked at me. she wiped her tears away.

i could feel everyone's eyes on us. including maddy's.

but i didn't even care. i was just happy i got to hug skylar.

the bell rang and we walked away from eachother. neither of us said anything.

when i got to my class i sat down and she texted me.

skylar 🤍-i really needed to hug u. sorry
nate-i liked it
skylar 🤍-i miss u
nate-i miss u
skylar 🤍-what r u doing tonight
nate-nothing
skylar 🤍- come over tonight
nate-okay

i smiled at my phone and put it down.

at the end of the day i hurried out of the school.

before i went home i stopped to get flowers.

i got her pink and white flowers cause they're her favorite colors.

i drove back home and i was just so excited to see her later.