0.2 Chapter 8 - Quiet

"Don't worry. I'll make sure you're happy again."

"What happened? You're not answering my questions."

"..."

"Answer me, brother."

"It's not important."

Bad's POV
"Welcome back to another night of intellectual stimulation, pivotal career choices, and self-reflection on past mistakes," HandUnit greeted him, making him jump.

Bad glared around the room, unsure of where the voice was coming from. What a way to describe this job. It definitely hit a bit to close to home.

"We're committed to creating a unique and fulfilling work experience. One part of that commitment is ensuring that you don't get tired of the voice that you're hearing right now," HandUnit continued, which was funny because despite Bad being the least violent person he knew, he still wanted to kick this thing.

The weird yellow thing labelled 'Mike' popped up. "Using the keypad below, please select a new companion voice. For male, press 1. For female, press 2. For text only, press 3. For other options, press 4."

"This thing is broken either way," Bad said, tapping the keyboard a few times. And as it did last night, an error sign showed up.

"It seems that you had some trouble with the keypad. I see what you were trying to type, and I will autocorrect it for you," HandUnit said to no surprise. After a moment, he continued, "Thank you for choosing Angsty Teen."

"Angsty Teen?" Bad echoed in confusion. This place was weird.

The elevator slowed to a stop, and Bad perked up. He didn't know what place he hated more- that control room or this rounded elevator where AI's wouldn't stop vocally harrassing him.

Bad opened the doors, watching them slide open. The light flickered off, the fan shadow disappearing.

"The elevator's stopped. You know the routine. Get out now, or whatever. Stay here if you want," the new voice said, sounding bored.

Guess it lives up to its name, Bad thought as he ducked into the vent, once again being thankful for his experience.

No no, he wasn't thankful. He was free now, and the job had been done for him. George was dead. No reason to worry.

"So, funny story, a dead body was found in this vent once," Angsty Teen said, startling him into a stop. "M'kay, so, not that funny, but, it's a story."

"A worrying story," Bad pointed out darkly, continuing his journey to the control room. He wondered who had died. He'd have to look into that later.

He emerged into the control room, taking in the safe surroundings. No animatronics could get him here. He could stay here as long as he wanted, because the entry vents were closed.

"Alright, so, let's start with your nightly chores," Angsty Teen yawned. "You should check on Ballora, and make sure she's on her stage, but, whatever."

Bad winced. His least favorite part. He knew that the animatronics would be off their stage. They seemed to have a thing for wandering around after hours.

After finishing his nightly so-called 'chores' that contained of him electrocuting poor adventurous robots, Angsty Teen started to malfunction a bit, it's voice deepening and it repeating one word three times before HandUnit took control again.

"There seems to have been a problem with the voice synthesizer. Default settings have been restored. Please proceed through the vent ahead of you to Circus Baby's Auditorium."