Chapter 7

«C'est dans le besoin qu'on reconnaît ses vrais amis.»

«It is when in need that one recognizes his real friends.»
~~~

I completed my third class of the day. Learning about the Market price was exhausting. Xavier went to visit his mom, so I was alone in there listening to an hour of senseless things. I slept through most of the reading, hoping to find an alternative way to catch up on what I missed.

The weather was unpleasant. The sky was so cloudy it was dark in midday. It was cold, rainy, and humid. The perfect temperature to be under the covers, reading a book with a glass of whiskey, eating grapes.

Thea texted me to meet her in the courtyard to have a moment together. We haven't talked in a long time; reconnecting was the best for us, plus I needed to confide in a friend. I understood she wasn't familiar with the courses and needed time to adjust. It's been one month and a half, the quarter exams are approaching, I needed to study too, but I am a last-minute person, I will probably drown myself in the books the night of the exam.

I spotted her sitting on a bench under a tree. I hurried to her and hugged her.

"Hey! How are you?" I asked, sitting next to her.

"I am doing fine. About you and classes?"

"Urghh! You know it's complicated, but I am pushing through, so are you getting hold of things?"

"My roommate and I have been studying and getting things done."

"that is cool. You know you could also ask me for help and pass by to study if you want to," I suggested, feeling a little bit jealous. I was not against her having friends, but we haven't been hanging out because of that roommate. I felt left out.

"Thanks anyway. I'll keep that in mind."

"So who is that roommate? You never really talk about him, except you guys hang out a lot."

"It's a she," she corrected me.

"But it's not someone important" she brushed it off.

"Alright then."

We talked for a minute until the bells rungs. I used this time to sneak into the Media Building every day to pee because we were not allowed inside the other buildings while classes were active. The bathroom doors were closed, and if you wanted to pee, you had to go all the way to the CE-15 building, and that is a five-minute walk.

"I gotta go now." I stood up.

"Leave your bag!"

I rushed into the crowd coming out of the door. After pushing and sneaking my way into the building, I finally find the bathroom. I did my duty and washed my hands quickly before the bells ring again. On my way back, I met Julian's group at the door. They were laughing and talking. We made eye contact, and he smiled. I was confused why he was smiling charmingly. I wouldn't say I like that. I hated when he smiled like that. Usually, that means he had a sick idea behind his head. Two weeks since I vandalized his townhouse, he hasn't tried to get me back. The suspense is driving me crazy. He was too calm about it. Every thought about that made me afraid.

I joined Thea rapidly. She was standing looked impatient. I knitted my eyebrows and asked her:

"Is everything okay?"

"Sure. It's so dark. It's about to rain" she laughed nervously.

"We can go inside."

"Yes, but before we go, do you have Mr. Dale's homework? I don't understand the second question."