10. a lot of yelling

A LOT OF YELLING

A LOT OF YELLING

・゚: * Nora is swinging hers and Max's connected hands back and forth as the group walks through the forest.

Dustin and Lucas are walking ahead, arguing as usual, and Steve walks at the very front, leading.

"You're positive it was Dart?" Lucas speaks to Dustin, talking about the junkyard fight.

"Yes," Dustin sighs, annoyed at the lack of belief in Dart. "He had the same exact yellow pattern on his butt."

"He was tiny two days ago," Max says confused, still swinging with Nora's arm.

"Well, he's molted three times already," Dustin explains and Nora looked in surprise.

"Malted?" Steve asks.

How are we related?

"Molted," Dustin corrects. "Shed his skin to make room for growth."

"When's he gonna molt again?" Max questions.

"It's gotta be soon," Dustin shrugs. "When he does, he's gonna be fully grown, or close to it. And so will his friends."

"Yeah, and he's gonna eat a lot more than just cats," Steve states, Dustin's eyes widen, and Nora slows the swinging of her and Max's hands.

"Wait, a cat?" Lucas ask., stopping and putting a hand on Dustin's shoulder. "Dart ate a cat?"

"No, what? No," Dustin lies.

Nora rolls her eyes.

"What are you talking about," Steve turns around, oblivious to what was going on between the two. "He ate Mews."

"Mews?" Max speaks up. "Who's Mews?"

"Dustin's cat," Lucas says, still staring Dustin down.

"Dustin, just tell him," Nora sighs.

"Nora!" Dustin shouts, trying to tell her to shut up with his eyes.

"I knew it!" Lucas slaps Dustin's shoulder. "You kept him!" He points to Nora, "and you knew! And you didn't say anything!"

Nora throws her hands up in mock surrender, dropping Max's in the process. "He told me today! And I already yelled at him!"

"No." Dustin tries lying again. "No! No, no, no. . . I- no. . . He missed me! He wanted to come home."

"Bullshit!" Lucas exclaims.

"I didn't know he was a Demogorgon, okay?" Dustin yells.

"Oh, so now you admit it?"

"Guys, who cares," Max tries to break up the argument. "We have to go."

"I care!" Lucas shouts, annoyed. "You put the party in jeopardy! You broke the rule of law!"

"So did you!" Dustin screams back.

"What?!"

"You told a stranger the truth!" Dustin points the flashlight it Max's face.

Max scoffs, "a stranger?"

"You wanted to tell her too!" Lucas yells.

"Yeah, but I didn't, Lucas, okay?" Dustin replies. "I didn't tell her!"

"Okay!" Nora snaps. "So, you're even! Let's move on! Please!"

"No, no!" Lucas shakes his head. "We're not even! His stupid pet could've ate us for dinner!"

"That was not my fault!" Dustin shouts.

"GUYS!" Steve interrupts the teens. The silence that falls over them allows them to hear the growling again in the trees. They have to be close.

The group follows Steve off the trail and into the trees where the roars were coming from.

"No, no, no. Hey, guys. Why are you heading towards the sound?" Max yells from behind them.

Nora turns and quickly grabs Max's hand, swinging it again as they follow the guys. They push through broken branches and dead leaves for awhile until they reach a hill, and below them an ocean of trees spreading until the horizon.

If Nora weren't terrified for her life, she might enjoy the view.

"I don't see him," Dustin says.

Lucas uses his binoculars to scan the horizon before stopping in one area. "It's the lab." He lowers the binoculars. "They're going back home."

They all start running towards the lab, trying to get there quickly, through the tress and bushes. They continue to jog slightly as they came up by the building until they hear a recognizable voice, "Hello? Who's there? Who's there?"

The kids make a turn and frowned upon seeing Nancy and Jonathan by the gates of the lab. The two also look confused to see them, "Steve?"

"Nancy?"

"Jonathan," Dustin speaks as the two groups walk towards each other, meeting in the middle.

"What are you doing here?" Nancy asks, shocked. Probably confused by seeing Steve with Nora and Mike's friends.

"What are you doing here?" Steve replies.

"We're looking for Mike and Will."

Nora looks up at the large, dark lab. It has shattered windows and looks like it's abandoned. . . except for all the Demogorgons that just ran into it.

"They're not in there, are they?" Dustin asks, voicing her thoughts.

"We're not sure," Nancy answers. "Why?"

Her question is answered as a loud shriek rings through the air. Nora and Max tighten their grips simultaneously as chills ran down Nora's spine. She stares at the building with overwhelming worry.

Aw, man.

a/n:
im sorry this is so short 👩🏻‍🦯 i'll post the next chapter soon