Traitor | Levi x Reader

Prompt- Reader is innocent but accused of being a traitor and Levi doesn't believe her until it's released that she is innocent

warning- depiction of injuries and violence
stay safe love<3

"For your crimes against Eldia and in organization with the Jeagerists, we find you, Y/n L/n, guilty of treason. You are to publicly whipped and then hanged in a week. Until then, you shall remain in your cell."

"No! I'm innocent! Please, you have to believe me!"

No one listened as you were dragged away, back to the cold, dark, and musty cell.

Days passed in a blur and then day before your public whipping, Levi visited. Your two year boyfriend that you had spent nearly every night with had a sweet and gentle presence to him and you craved it him now more than anything.

"Levi, thank God your here, please help me! Tell them they're mistaken. I never did anything."

"Like i'd believe you." He snapped.

"What?"

He didn't believe you?

"I'm not playing your games Y/n. I came to tell you that it's over, if you hadn't gotten the realized that already, and that you deserve what you get. You filthy traitor." he sneered

"Levi please! I-I didn't do anything! I'm innocent!" He didn't listen to your words as he walked out, leaving you alone once again.

The next day you were dragged out of bed, literally, and hauled through hallways until you were on the surface again, in a town.

The light was blinding and you barely had time to adjust before your already handcuffed hands were chained to a pole. Your shirt was cut open and the cold air assaulted the skin as you shivered. You turned your head to see Erwin, Hange, and Levi all standing at the front of the crowd, the latter looking pissed but you knew it was directly at you, nothing else. A captain of the Military Police read off the same things as before, your accusation and punishment being confessed to the crowd.

"She shall receive 10 lashes." The captain called before raising the whip.

You held eye contact as best you could with Levi was the weapon came down, your poor skin giving way to the harsh strike.

The pain was immeasurable, the hot and stinging sensation felt almost like thousands of nails concentrating on a single line where the whip struck only worse. Much much worse. You could practically feel your skin scream as it slit apart, causing deep cuts into your body.

Levi watched with an unwavering expression, watching your face and back without any visible emotion. Like before, you did your best to keep eye contact but the tears and pain were to blinding. Your eyes watered and then cried as you did you best to at least look in Levi's direction. Even if he wasn't with you or supporting you, you couldn't help but find him calming even with your constant screaming. His demeanor was cool and calculated, always level-headed and soothing no matter the situation - even now.

You had lost count how many hits you had taken before finally a person emerged from the crowd, the crowd of which gasping.

What? Who is it?

"What is going on?" A person yelled.

"None of your business Jeager, she being punished for her crimes of associating with you and your slimy cult of yours." The captain said.

Eren?

"What? She's not with us. She was never a Jeagerist." he argued back causing a gasp to erupt from the audience.