Chapter 23

Seraphina Amor

It's been two days, a whole forty-eight hours, since the warehouse incident and I don't think I've had more than six hours of sleep all together.

I don't know how there's any possible way someone could sleep after all of that. The only thing that was racing through my mind was all of that blood and that damn riddle, sleep was the last thing I was worried about.

Harry and I had spent the last two days staring at the copy of the pictures Leon had taken that had been forwarded to his computer. I think my eyes were starting to burn because of how much I was staring at the screen.

Wyatt had gotten the bodies traced for any sort of evidence as to who may have done this, but nothing came up on the report meaning that whoever did this knew what they were doing. There went the hope that it had just been some amature trying to freak us out.

It was a tedious thing, not being able to figure this out. It consisted of reading and rereading the same lines over and over again until I wanted to claw my eyeballs out. My brain felt as if it were mere seconds away from shutting down.

I had been sitting on the couch nearly all day, not moving a single muscle as my eyes scanned over the screen for the umpteenth time. I was biting at my nails as I sat criss crossed in the corner of the couch, Harry's laptop resting on my legs. The hand that wasn't having its nails bitten was placed on the mouse pad, tracing over the letters on the screen carefully.

At this point I could draw this down to the very last detail all from memory.

My fingers drummed against the keyboard as I read over the riddle again, huffing as once again it still makes absolutely zero sense to me.

"You're going to go blind if you keep staring at that screen," Harry says from where he's sitting across from me, sipping some cup of tea he had made.

There was a mug for mine as well that he had made but I haven't touched it since he placed it there around ten minutes ago so there's no doubt it's ran cold by now.

"I think you just pulled that out of your ass," I grumble, glaring at him over the top of his computer.

Harry smirks behind his cup, trying to hide it by taking another quick sip. "If you wake up tomorrow and you can't see, I'm not going to hold back on saying 'I told you so'."

I roll my eyes at his clear over exaggeration, but look away from the computer nonetheless.

"Fine, only because my legs are starting to cramp up. Not because of what you said," I tell him with a pointed finger as I lift the laptop of my legs and place it on the table in front of me.

The bare skin on which the laptop was resting on before was warm which was certainly not a good thing at all. My knees cracked as I stood up, a clear indication that I had been sitting for way too long. I twisted my back quickly and relief spread throughout my body as the bones cracked loudly.

I pulled down the t-shirt from where it had started to ride up, making sure it was covering my stomach as I walked around to the back of the couch, leaning against it with my forearms. My muscles nearly cried after finally being able to move after so long, the cramps and soreness from before starting to disappear.

"Any luck yet, Amor?" Harry asks as he places his cup back onto the coaster that was on the table.

I glare at him coldly and it just makes him smirk. "What the hell do you think?" I snap, annoyed because he clearly knew the answer.

"No need to get so snippy. Was just a question, darling," he defends, shrugging his black t-shirt clad shoulders as he throws his arms over the back of the couch.