Long Live the Queen

TW: bl00d, minor g0re??

TW: RAP3 !! (implied not in detail)

"Halt!"

A voice cried out.

Instead of George and Dream speaking commands to Heaven, the Grand Knights screamed orders to assembled knights.

Rows of men lined in the outskirts of Sicarius Kingdom.

All wished upon a star.

All wished the same wish.

They wished they could return to their families.

They wished they could go back to school and reach their dreams.

They all wished they could live through the war.

Out of all the hopeful wishes, the universe bestowed them the same fate.

Just another statistic.

Wisteria's summer blossomed in vibrant colors that made the sunny days jump in joy.

However, the world was painted a greyscale to many.

War is a terrible thing.

War takes everything from everyone.

No matter who you are,

everything is taken from everyone.

The knights studied the war plans. Each plan was more complex than the last. Thousands of men wished. They wished upon anything they could find.

They wished this was the last battle.

They wished they could see their children ready for their first days of primary school.

They clutched onto any hope they could find.

The Grand Knights only said thirty percent of knights face a fatal destiny.

Only the percent kept inching its way higher.

None of the knights believed it was their turn to die for Wisteria. But after each battle, the men each left with one less friend.

Not me. It won't be me.

In the present, an infantry of knights stood proudly in arranged rows on the edges of Sicarius Kingdom. Sicarius' army similarly placed themselves on the opposite end of the empty field.

Beneath the shining silver armor, some men wept a river. Some men stood expressionless, in shock for the coming moments. Each man was scared they wouldn't live past this battle.

The Grand Knight in the front of the men boomed.

"Attention, knights! Pray to your deities. The upcoming battle will be the one to allow Wisteria to triumph over Sicarius!"

The men roared passionately.

"The men who don't make it through this battle are the bravest. For Wisteria! Now men, prepare for battle."

Every knight unsheathed a blade sharper than the last. Beads of sweat on each man's face reflected in the polished silver.

"Ready!"

The knights stood in the formation they were taught. It was just like training camp.

This was all just training camp, right?

The Grand Knights screamed their final words.

"Remember, there is power and those too weak to seek it. May the Gods be with you."