Chapter 1:

DISCLAIMER FROM WRITER:
This book is very old I wrote this as a young teenager so I can admit it's not the best... (I've debated deleting) just know your girl has matured in writing and am now giving amazing quality. Most recent work Love Unrehearsed and more to come 💕

PROLOGUE
*********

Karma

"Promise me something." Brandon said randomly as we laid up watching movies and eating snacks.

"What?" I ask looking over at him.

"Promise me you and my daughter will always be good."

I sat up looking at him. "Brandon what?"

"Just promise me. If anything was to happen and I would get taken away for awhile- just promise me y'all will be alright."

"Stop, just stop. Don't bullshit, just tell me what the fuck is going on."

"I might have to go in for awhile." He said after staring at me for few.

"Go in where Brandon?" I asked as my nose begin to burn.

"How long?" I asked after he stayed quiet.

"I'm gonna turn my self in, in a week. I'll have to do four years top."

I finally broke down crying. "No don't touch me." I said pushing his hand away as he tried to pull me over towards him. "I fuckin told you! I told you to be get the fuck outta these streets, but no you wouldn't fuckin listen to me and now it's too late." I said punching his chest.

"Karmen stop." He said grabbing my fist stopping my punches.

"Why the fuck am I just finding out about this?" I ask.

"I didn't know how to tell you. That's a sorry ass reason, but I guess I was prolonging seeing you how I'm seeing you right now. I already met with a lawyer and everything, this is the only way to avoid doing a much longer sentence. And I'll parole in three years."

"I'm pregnant." I cried into his chest finally letting him pull me into his arms.

He tensed around me. "Fuck man. Perfect fuckin timing."

We sat in each other's arms for awhile in silence. I was really trying to take in all that was coming at me and quickly. I was going to be without the love of my life for close to four years. Four-fuckin-years.

Our daughter Brei is three right now. She'll be seven when he comes back. Our unborn four.

But I know we can get through this, we'll be alright.

Life is what you make it... anything can happen... but you just gotta get past it.

You fall down get back up and you better believe that nothing holding me back.

So everything is alright, everything is alright. Everything is alright, "I promise I'll be, if you promise you'll be, and that we'll be alright?

"As long as I know y'all are good then I'ma be good. We're good."

"Then we'll be alright." I whispered.

"All I ask is that take care of my daughter. And this little baby in here." He said placing his hand on my still flat stomach. "Damn, I'ma miss ya pregnancy and birth. I'm miss years away from both my kids and you."

"I also want you to actually spend the fuckin money that I have in the bank for y'all. You gonna do that?" I nodded. "No you ain't lyin ass."

A sad smile made it's way to my face as I wiped my eyes. "I will. Well, maybe."

He shook his head. "And the last thing I ask is to hold a nigga down."

"You know I got that part." I said wrapping my arms around his neck.

"I want ya ass to wait for a nigga. I'm selfish as fuck with you and you know that. Even from inside all of this is still mine," He said cupping my center. "You're mine. Better buy you some toys, shit you can even get you a girlfriend."

I laughed. "Shut up Brandon."

"I'm serious. I don't even want you looking at another nigga."

I rolled my eyes. "I won't, all I want is you." I looked down becoming sad again. "I'm gonna miss you."

"I'ma miss you too." He said placing his palms over my ass. "I know you were never down with or liked the shit I did in these streets, but you always stuck by me. Everything I do is for you and my family."

"But there is a such thing as enough Brandon. We have more than enough money to be good for the rest of our lives, yet you fuckin continued. Now look where the fuck we are."

"Okay maybe I should have stopped while I was ahead, but this is not a permanent slip up. This shit is temporary, I'll be back."

"Back to what? I swear if you come out of jail and go back into these fuckin streets you will be one single dead mothafucka."

"Shut the fuck up Karmen. I meant back to my family. I'm done after this, just the thought of having to leave yall is hurting a nigga. I'll never put myself or yall through this shit again."

I nodded. "I love you." I whipered sadly.

"I love you too Karmen."

"But how are we going to tell Brei?"

He sighed looking up rubbing his face. "I have no fuckin idea."

*

"Karma you ain't gonna get out?" My mom asked.

We had mom and dad drive us to drop Brandon off because I knew I was gonna be too much of a mess to drive us back.

"Yeah, but I can't watch them say goodbye again." I said referring to Brei and Brandon.

She has been so sad since we told her, as we all have but it's so much worse when a child is involved and you have to watch your baby cry nonstop.

"See, I can't." I said as I started to cry as I heard Brei's cries become louder.

I watched as Brandon sighed picking her up and talked to her getting her to calm down a little as she rubbed her eyes hiccuping now.

He whispered something in her ear and she nodded before he handed her to my dad.

My eyes followed as he came around to where I was in the car opening the door pulling me out. His eyes were now red.

"My best friend is leaving me." I cried while hugging him.

"I'ma always come back tho. Remember when we were five and shared our first kiss?" I wiped my eyes smiling.

"Yeah, but then you left me because yall had to move away. I cried and cried like I am now."

"I hated seeing you cry then, I hate it even more now. I came back then, I'll be coming back this time. Ain't shit keeping me away from my Karmen, my Brei, my family."

"This better be the last time you leave." I said holding his neck staring up at him.

"Trust. It will be." He said pulling me closer as our lips met.

"I love you." I said when we finally pulled apart.

"I love you more."

"That's mine Pops." Brandon said to my dad came over with a now sleeping Brei.

"No lil nigga that's mine. She was mine way before she was yours."

"That's mine too. You can't hog her forever Pops."

"Yeah we'll see how I feel about you when you get out this bitch. Hold ya head son." He said patting Brandon on the back.

"Always." He said.

He looked back towards me. He held his pinky towards me. "Promises."

I laughed I made him do that everyday since he told me was going to be going to jail. He would laugh at me and say that shit's corny, it is, but it's cute.

"Promises." I said grabbing his pinky with mine then kissing him.

We'll be alright.
.....