66

*************************

Decisions are approaching

Reality in motion

*************************

BENTLEY

TWO DAYS LATER

"Apollo, you need to get up." I say, taking the ice pack off of his head.

That night, at the club, Apollo got shot.

Thankfully, it was in a spot that didn't have any major arteries, but he lost so much blood he was out for 13 hours straight. Z and Allie mentioned that the amount of alcohol in his system Zayn stitched him up with some shit Louis had in inventory and we brought him back to Harry's so I could keep an eye on him.

Harry wasn't too happy about Apollo getting blood on the sheets in his spare bedroom but I took the liberty of guilt tripping him over getting blood on my couch when we were in Oakland and he waltzed in like a blundering drunk.

"But I bought you a new one!" He argued, but I laughed at him before throwing another ice pack on Apollo's head.

He had been running a fever but it was regulated yesterday and he had been fine since.

The aftermath of the night at Crest was a mess. We had to get out of London tomorrow and we weren't too happy about it.

I got Emmy and Allie out of the club the second Dorian walked out. I didn't find out Apollo had gotten shot until it was all under control, and I'm glad. I was already on the edge of detachment from the sudden rush of anxiety and fear that were coursing through my body.

It was all too much at once. One second I was happy, then I was horny and in love and the next minute, disaster struck. The second I saw Allie, Louis and Niall, I immediately felt better, and Allegra held my hand and Emmy's as we got through everything back to Ruby.

I left Louis and Niall at the van because Harry would need a means to get everyone home, and we wouldn't all fit in the red ca- Ruby.

It wasn't steamy in there anymore but I could smell Harry's cologne with each passing second. Allie kept her comments to herself until last night, where she finally felt safe enough to crack a joke about the enormous hickey on my neck and chest.

My thighs still burnt like hell until this morning, I don't know how I managed to walk in and out of that club so quickly.

We got lucky.

Dorian was smart enough to stay with Emmy and hide their bodies under Will's dead one. He recounted the story pretty well, and it was clear Will had jumped over the both of them mid-dance and taken a bullet for them.

We weren't too worried about our safety as of right now. The guys there were trying to fuck with the dealers, and they didn't want anything other than that, according to Harry. We actually cleared our trail by getting rid of them, indirectly providing Victor with extra security.

We killed the enemy, now the real question was when Victor would get to us. There's no way he'd leave Luna unavenged, but he didn't have to rush. If he really wanted to find us, he could. We'd just have to preserve anonymity for as long as we could, but the plan was to draw him out.

We were all smarter now. No more gimmicks and no more games. Stick to the plan. Honor the plan.

The guys that attacked the club last night were the field wild card we'll probably have to deal with. I wondered if they were the only ones pissed with the whole drug trade. Had other groups caught on that the shit they were getting was laced? I know the assailants weren't targeting anyone in specific, but they were there to make a fucked up statement.