3 days

TW ~ Mentions of ED, Mentions of Death and Murder, Strong Language

Author's POV:

3 days.

It had been 3 days since Wilbur, Phil, and Tubbo all arrived at Hell.

Quackity had shown Wilbur and Phil to a guest room for their stay, as some sort of an apology for nearly killing their son. Phil took the apology immediately, content with the room.

It took Wilbur much more convincing for him to not just revolt and kill everyone in his sight. The only reason he was holding on to the sliver of non-murder-related thoughts was the idea that if he did revolt, they'd probably stop helping save Tubbo's life.

So he grumpily made do with the two-bed guest room provided.

Which was much more than Dream was originally willing to give him. He wanted to throw them in the dungeon with Techno.

Happy Family Reunion Pog Amirite?

But Quackity ended up talking him out of it, saying that they did, sort of, nearly murder a child. Dream had retorted with the fact that they had also technically saved him, but Quackity wasn't having it.

So Dream reluctantly let them have the guest room, making a snide comment about how he wanted to throw them into the dungeon as well.

Which ended up catching both the visitors by surprise.

~~~

"Well King, I appreciate this room you have given us to stay in, I wish we could have this conversation on better terms," Phil said warmly.

Dream rolled his eyes. "Please, I wanted to throw you in the dungeon with your sorry excuse of a son, but I never get what I want, which is pathetic because I am King, King Dream, King Dream of He-"

Poor Dream was cut off mid-rant by a confused Phil.

"What do you mean, sorry excuse of a son," Phil asked, slowly growing upset by his choice of wordings.

"The one that tried to kill MY little brother," Dream snarled, adding a dramatic pause for special effect, before continuing. 

"Oh! Sorry! That wasn't specific, was it? Because all your sons tried to kill my brother! Haha, isn't that hilarious?" Dream asked with a laugh, although each laugh was scarier and scarier than the previous.

"You mean- have you met Techno? He'd never hurt Tommy," Wilbur asked shakily.

"You fucking-" Dream started, as if he was getting ready to attack Wilbur, but was quickly held back.

"Don't mind him, haha, he's just.. upset" Quackity laughed nervously, dragging Dream, who was staring right into Wilbur's soul, away from the room before any damage could be done.

~~~

So that's how they ended up where they were, 3 days later.

Tommy had come home, Quackity made sure of it. He'd help the boy navigate home, and when Tommy arrived into the castle, he went into his room and locked the door.

He hadn't come out, for three days.

But of course, because he really was the greatest person ever, Quackity made it a point to check on him every day, and made sure he ate something, as to not revert back into his old eating habits.

He also made sure to tell Tommy that Tubbo was alive, though that didn't seem to help Tommy's spirits that much.

Anyways, that brings us to the morning 3 days later.

Dream walked into the dining hall and froze when he saw Quackity, Karl, and Phil eating breakfast and talking.

"Heh, What the fuck?" Dream asked, motioning to Phil.

"Hello Dream, did you sleep well?" Phil asked softly, though Dream replied with a glare.

"Quackity I dunno what you think is happening but we aren't supposed to be CLOSE to these assholes. You of all people know exactly what they did to Tommy."

Quackity sent him a look that said nothing but "shut up and sit down."

Dream frowned, before sitting down reluctantly, causing Karl to let out a little giggle.

"Wow, the king of hell can't even-" Karl started, before his giggles turned to full-on laughter.

Dream rolled his eyes and sat awkwardly at the table while Phil and Quackity continued their conversation about whatever the heck they were talking about.

"Bitch" Dream muttered, giving Karl more and more reasons to laugh. 

"You know" Dream started loudly, causing Quackity to send him a look of annoyance and Phil to hold in his laughter, "If Tommy was here, then he'd talk to me, you know what, I want Tommy."

Dream got up from his chair, only to hear the calm voice of his favorite jester.

"No."

Dream's head snapped towards Quackity, and he sputtered, "Wha- What do you mean NO?"

"I said, no, you aren't going to check on Tommy."

"What do you meannn, it's been three days?" Dream whined.

"No, because the kid needs space, he lost someone, technically two people, important to him, all at once, give the boy time, he'll come out when he's ready."

"But what if he's hurt or something, I think three days is a lot of time" Dream pouted, and Quackity just stared back at his food.

"No."

"You can't tell me what to do, I'm your king" Dream frowned, crossing his arms. 

Quackity looked up at him with a smile. "When have I ever been wrong about the kid?"

Dream narrowed his eyes at the jester, before sticking his tongue out. "I'm going to say hi and check on him, fuck you."

Dream turned to the door, and was nearly out of the room when he heard Quackity add, "Jeez, you are such a helicopter brother."

The poor king froze in his tracks.

"Wha- what do you mean helicopter brother?"

Quackity tried to hide his smirk. "You never give the child space, you gotta chill sometimes."

Dream thought about it for a second, before stomping to Tommy's room.

He stood outside the door, ready to knock on the door, before Quackity's words ringed in his head. 

...

..

.

Karl nearly died of laughter when Dream came back to the dining room and slumped in his chair, arms crossed and face scrunched. 

"I am NOT a helicopter brother."

mmm filler chapter cuz i feel bad for not posting chapter sooner but i don't have anything else ready 

Also, according to Wattpad statistics, only a small percentage of people who read my book vote on the story. So if u end up enjoying this story, consider voting, it's free and u can always unvote later enjoy the story #VotePrime 

Love you all :)