42

A/N: I kinda forgot to write the wedding scene for Sirius and Remus, so ... please use your imagination, as I suck at writing wedding scenes. (BTW, Harry got all Os for his potions exams). I may update later, most likely twice a month. Exams are going to start soon in my place.

<3rd POV>

To say Daphne and Blaise were unpleased at being knocked out was definitely an understatement. It took both Draco and Harry to stop them from physically hurting (read murder) the two... technically three... Gryffindors. 

Draco wanted to report the 'crime' towards the professors, but Harry stopped him from doing so. The black haired was actually rather curious as to why Gryffindors dared to go down to the Slytherin common room.

Thus. that's how he spent the rest of his week following, stalking, them. But he managed to get something from his time wasted listening to Evelyn complain and complain again about Prof. Snape. 

A black diary. 

Seems like they found out in the middle of Moaning Myrtle's bathroom. It was flooded at that time, and they saw the little black book in the middle of the bathroom, surprisingly dry in the midst of water. 

But that wasn't the most interesting part. It was the name of the owner of the tiny black book. A very familiar name, if he may add. Tom. Marvolo. Riddle. 

Time to write a long letter to brother dearest. 

That was how we find Harry in the middle of his study in the Chamber of Secrets, with Jadeite curled up in front of the blazing fireplace. The builder of Hogwarts were out on a trip around Magical Africa, saying something about finding rare potions ingredients, and meeting an ancient wizard. 

He twirled his quill around his fingers, left hand gripping the piece of parchment rather tightly. In front of him was a pot of ink and a bunch of quills. The parchment he was holding had a sketch of how the black diary look like. 

Jadeite must've been annoyed with the parchment constant rustling and slithered up next to Harry. 

"What are you doing?" Jadeite hissed settling in Harry's side.

Harry petted his snake's head before turning toward the parchment and reaching for another piece.

"Just writing a letter to Tom. It's been ages since we actually talk right?" 

"Well.. if you hadn't been spHarry had been ending too much time with the ferret..." 

Harry laughed as he gently put down the snake on the floor and telling her to go find the giant basilisk. The snake easily complied before slithering out of the room. 

He gripped his quill tightly before starting his letter.

~

The next few days passed by without a hitch. No trouble. Nothing at all. Just a few pranks that the Weasleys twins did. But what did you expect in Hogwarts?

Draco noticed a huge change in Harry. For one thing, the boy is always looking forward for the morning post. Making him wonder what is it all about. Now that he thought about it... he hadn't seen Harry's owl at all since last week. 

He jabbed the raven haired in the chest, trying to figure out what caused his closest friend to stare at his empty plate for the past few minutes. 

Harry glanced up at Draco's questioning eyes, before turning away from him. He was just waiting for his letters. He had a decent enough idea of what the Gryffindors were planning to do. 

The fact that the trio knew about the black diary just confirmed his suspicions. They were planning to go down to the Chamber of Secrets. Exactly how, he wasn't very sure, but they could simply pretend and just hiss random things till the entrance opened. 

He had to make a replica of the black diary and the basilisk. He wasn't going to let the ancient snake die. And about the black diary, he knew it was a horcrux. Well... at least used to be a horcrux. But after giving Tom that elixir, his soul was starting to piece back together. 

Although, there was only a bit of the soul still stuck in the diary, thus he was going to keep it locked with him after stealing it from the Golden Trio.

The real reason why he was waiting anxiously for the post to come was that he had asked Tom to send over a book from the Slytherin Manor. He could shadow travel there and easily grab it... but he didn't want to. 

In the midst of his thoughts, his loyal owl arrived in front of him, carrying a wrapped package. Harry quickly fed it some bacon before taking the letter and the package from the owl. The snowy white owl flew off to the Owlery, leaving the Dining Hall. 

"What's that?" Draco asked curious (and rather annoyed to be honest, the raven haired just ignored him a few minutes ago).

"A book that I asked him to send a few days ago." Harry replied vaguely, earning a scowl from the blonde.

"Really? A book?"

Harry grinned rather maliciously as he opened the package, revealing a very old handwritten book. 

"Not just a book. A special book that's going to help me for the rest of the school year."

"What's going to happen at the end of the year?" Blaise asked from the other side of the table.

"Just a suspicion." Harry answered, before flipping the pages rather carefully. 

The book was filled with spells, curses, drawings, and even handwritten notes and advice made by Salazar Slytherin himself. 

Someone shook his shoulder. Glancing up, he found himself staring into a pair of blue eyes. Immediately, he felt his heartbeat speed up, before he rapidly took a few deep breathes to calm him down. 

"We really have to go now. It's nearly time for our first class." Daphne reminded, before turning on her heels and walking away, her blonde hair shining against the warm morning sunlight. 

Harry hastily kept his stuff before chasing after the girl, leaving Draco and Blaise to exchange knowing looks. 

The left behind Slytherins smirked at one another, glad that they have something to tease Harry of. I mean that's what Slytherins do. They do blackmail. 

Draco and Blaise would never let Harry forget this moment.