Epilogue

Two years later

Louis' POV:

Alaska complained as she dragged in a box of groceries through the door, "Was this really necessary? Bringing in groceries with the other stuff?"

Harry raised his eyebrows as he paused unpacking the box labelled 'Kitchen', "Obviously! We're having a house-warming dinner tonight, and I need to cook, you know."

Alaska's eyes met mine and she rolled her eyes at me, "You guys are stupid."

I raised my hands in protest, "Hey, don't blame me. I told him that we should order in for dinner."

Harry shook his head from across the room immediately, "No way! I'd like to break in the new kitchen, thanks a lot."

I just sighed to myself before going ahead to bring the box labelled 'Bedroom' to the new bedroom. Honestly, why did I ever think that moving was a good idea? Really. This is so much unnecessary effort. Well, of course, I can't live in my college lodgings forever. Although, why not? It'd be easier than this!

Well, I do know why not. Once college ended last summer, all six of us went out looking for jobs, as one would expect us to. We went to interviews, attended a bunch of seminars and sent out our candidatures to several firms or whatever. Everything fell into place for everyone within a month, actually.

Niall was going away to the States for an internship program. What does he even do? Heck, what did he even major in? I lived with him for four years, but I still don't know what he studied. Genius, Louis. 

Anyway, Niall was the first one to move out. Since we didn't live on our college campus, we still had the lease of the frat house, and could move out whenever we wanted before the lease is over. So, we had about three months to get our shit together. All of us went to see Niall off at the airport. I think Alaska was the most heartbroken. Niall was practically a brother to her, and he was moving so far away, and to someplace with completely wack time zones as compared to ours.

Liam meanwhile got a beginner job in Greenwich. Ha, fancy lad. We helped him move into his new place with his new roommates a few weeks ago, actually. Liam was the second one to move out of the frat house. It was quite an emotional moment. Don't tell Alaska I said this, but she definitely cried. Liam however promised her that they'd be in touch and he'd visit soon, so she was assured after that.

Fortunately, the rest four of us were still together. We moved to Manchester together, because all of got jobs there. Harry and I moved in together, just like we've always wanted to. When we started talking about moving out of the frat house, and getting jobs, it was a no brainer that Harry and I wanted to be together. It was still a scary conversation, though.

Harry got a job offer in London as well, but he accepted the one in Manchester, considering that I was going to Manchester as well. I love him so much. Don't tell him that though. Although, I think he knows. 

Alaska and Zayn both got jobs in Manchester as well, and they decided to move in together and be roommates once again. I can't say that I was surprised. Even though Alaska and Niall had a special bond, theirs was more on the sibling side. Zayn and Alaska had an equally special friendship, if you can call it that. I'm pretty sure there's something more there, though. I wonder when either of them will man up and confess stuff. As long as I'm around for it, to be honest.

Zayn got a job in an art gallery, and Alaska got a job at a magazine company. Both their work places are quite far from ours, and hence they rented an apartment accordingly.  They now live like an hour away from us. Obviously, we won't be seeing them as much as we used to, but hey, at least we're in the same city.