Don't Punch People In The Face

Mikey held my hand as he walked me home. We talked of school and whatnot.

"...when's the cast coming off?" I asked.

"The doctor said it should be off this Friday."

"Friday? Isn't-"

"Yeah, the dance..." He began, "I'll be getting it off before so, I might be late picking you up."

"Oh, it's okay," I reassured him, "My mom is taking me dress shopping tomorrow night."

"Cool, I dunno what I'll wear. I don't really have anything super nice," He said, "But, I'll do my best to look good for you." I smiled, then kissed his cheek as we approached my house.

"I'm sure you'll look amazing no matter what you wear. See ya tomorrow?" I asked.

"Yeah, tomorrow..." Before he could leave, I hugged him tight, and took in the sent of lavender drier sheets, "Don't miss me too much..." He kissed the top of my head.

"You already know I will," I pulled away, gazing into his eyes, "Goodbye Mikey..."

"Goodbye Y/n..." I turned towards the front door, and walked inside. There was a smile stuck on my face and I'm sure I was blushing as well. Mikey ran around my mind so much that I hadn't even noticed my mother sitting in the kitchen, eyeing me.

"Y/n... earth to Y/n..." I finally gazed up at her.

"Where've you been?" She asked.

"Oh, I was at Mikey and Gerard's." I answered, not entirely sure what kind of response I would receive.

"You're hanging out with boys?" 'You're hanging out with boys?' What kind of question is that? I've always hung out with boys...

"Uh, yeah, they're really cool. We listened to The Smiths and talked about school." I explained.

"What's that on your hand?" I hummed, pulling it up to show. There were spots of dried blood on the knuckles. I almost completely forgot about that...

"Oh, I punched a guy in the face cause he wouldn't leave me alone. He's a real creep."

"Y/n, you really shouldn't have done that."

"Why not? He was making me uncomfortable. I had to do something!" My dad then entered the room.

"What's going on?" He asked. I turned to him.

"I punched a guy in the face for making me feel uncomfortable." He hummed.

"Good for you kid," He said. My mom then sent him a look, "...but! You shouldn't punch people in the face. Could make your knuckles bleed," My mom sent another look, "Er, uhm, I dunno! Don't punch people in the face!" And he left the room again.

"Don't listen to your father. Did you get in trouble at all?" I shook my head.

"He was a senior, so the teacher did nothing. He definitely deserved that punch though for drowning my friends in piss!" My mom sighed, still irritated.

"Go get your father again so we can start dinner, we'll discuss this more later." I nodded. Should've kept my fucking mouth shut...

Time skip to the next day at school

"...I wanna get a black dress, but I'm sure my mom will try to make me wear something else. Maybe a black and white dress?" I told my boyfriend as we walked down the halls to second period.

"Cool..."

"Yeah, I dunno if you need to know this. I guess if you wanna match or something..."

"Do you wanna match?" He asked as we walked inside the classroom. I shrugged.