Chapter 8

Theon quickly leads her down the hallway, guiding her into one of the two suites on the floor. Lilliarna scans the entryway, noting how familiar it seems. The suite's layout, much like that of her penthouse, seems to only scaled down to that of a fraction of the size; other than that similarity, however, they seem vastly different with the blaring white walls sparse compared to the rich greens and browns of her own. The plants scattered about that she loved upstairs are nowhere in sight, and they replaced the lush carpet with sprawling hardwood floors. It's living room is smaller as well, housing only two small loveseats that face a large TV. The interior design reminds her much of the home decor magazines shed seen previously. 

An arm around her pulls lightly, leading her towards a room to their right before retracting to grab a suitcase near the door. Grabbing the bag, he walks to the bed, tossing it with a muted thump onto the white duvet. The zipper hums quickly before he throws open the lid and begins rummaging through the contents. Lilliarna watches patiently as he tosses a few dress shirts onto the bed until finding what he was searching for.

"Like I said, I'm here on business, so I didn't really pack much in the way of t-shirts. This one will probably be big, but it should do."

He extends the large cotton shirt in her direction, a smile plastered across his face.

"You didn't pack anything to sleep in?"

"Didn't need to." He shrugs. "I sleep in boxers."

Lilliarna's eyes wander over his body; his words making her think about what he would look like shirtless. She bites her lip softly, shaking her head to get the image out of her mind before quickly grabbing the shirt.

"I'll let you have some privacy to change." He says as he walks past her, pausing momentarily to kiss her cheek.

The moment the door closes behind her, Lilliarna strips the shirt from her body, letting it fall to the floor at her feet. She tugs Theons over her head, smiling as she takes in deep lungfuls of his scent. The intoxicating aroma now surrounds her, the smell better than that of the most expensive cologne. Giggling to herself, she wonders how she could have ever thought Cairon's had been calming; standing in Theon's shirt, she could tell it paled extremely compared to her mates.

Lilliarna exits the room, eyes snapping onto her mate in the small living area. His body sits hunched forward in one of the large loveseats, eyes focused with furrowed brows at something on his phone screen. A hand rakes through and tussles his hair as he sighs exasperatedly. At some point, he had taken off his suit jacket, and it now lays messily over the chair's arm. His white button up is half undone, the fabric tucked messily into his pants, allowing her a peek at the bare skin of his chest. It, along with his messily fallen hair, paints a picture of her on his lap with her hands against his skin and she licks her lips at the thought.

Her feet shuffle across the floor, the sound causing him to look up, startled by her presence. Putting the phone down, he leans back into the chair and she watches as his eyes follow her across the room. She nervously stands in front of him, squealing as he grabs her hand and pulls her down on top of him. Unable to go anywhere else, her legs straddle him as he burrows his nose into her hair.

Under her, he relaxes, settling further into the plush fabric of the chair as his chest rises with each deep breath of her scent. Quietly, she wonders what she smells of but before she can ask, Theons' hands find their way to her hips; gripping lightly as he lifts her up. Her hair falls in a dark curtain around their faces as she looks down at him, catching a look of something she isn't sure of in his eyes.

Lilliarna sucks in a breath, surprised by the touch of his fingers trailing across her jaw and down her neck. Slowly, almost painfully so, he continues down until he reaches the soft skin near her collarbone. His thumb brushes softly over the spot he would someday mark, sending a shiver wracking through her body. A smile spreads across his face at the sight and for the second time that night, she does something she never imagined possible; she leans in to kiss her mate.