nineteen

"Liam, I-"

"Where have you been?"

Getting out of the car, I stood still. His tall body was hovering over me and I could hardly breath through panicking.

"Liam, calm down." I heard Luke hissed from beside me as he jogged around the car and approached the two of us.

"Don't make me repeat myself, Saint." Liam uttered furiously, "Where the hell have you been?!" This time his voice was loud enough to make me jump.

Tracing my tongue along my bottom lips before hardly bit down on it to ease my anxiety, I kept my glance down and my head low. I didn't want him to see how horrified I was. I didn't want him to know.

"Liam. Breath." As Luke's hand reached to take Liam's shoulder, he pushed him away.

"I don't know what kind of shit game you're playing but this is my wife." Liam hissed as he took a step toward Luke. Rage pulsing in his face, "You don't want to fuck with me, Serrano."

"You're right. I don't which is way I only took her to a farm and not bringing her back with me to my apartment." Luke added smartly, "Chill, Liam. Your wife told me she wanted to go horseback riding so I took her to one of my friends' farm, Sharon's farm. Sharon Xander. Does that name ring a bell?"

A hint of sarcasm etched Luke's voice and Liam shook his head merely. I saluted his bravery for testing Liam during his peak like that.

"Go home, Luke." Liam muttered before his glance shifted toward me, "You. Come with me."

With that a loud noise of stomping footstep could be heard echoing throughout the quiet driveway up to the house as Liam turned on his heels and walked angrily back inside.

"Go to your room and lock the door." Luke's gaze softened as he turned to look at me. Sympathy, I sensed as he attempted to soothe me with his beliefs, "Don't be afraid. He wouldn't hurt you."

Right. Then, why did you tell me to go to my room and lock the door in the first place.

After saying a quick good-bye to Luke, I followed Liam's footstep and hurried up the driveway.

Soon, we made it to the front door and the guards let us in. Everyone knew Liam was upset so nobody dared to say a word as we walked past them upstairs. The maids, some of them eyed me sympathetically and some just secretly exchanged quick whispers.

The fearful environment around us alerted all my senses. It increased my worry drastically and I found myself melting to the ground when we reached the second floor and Liam took an abrupt stop before he turned around.

"What were you thinking?" As if he thought my mind would still process perfectly under his hard gaze, he asked.

I bit my lip and looked everywhere but him. I was trying not to trembling with fear but even my hands— I could hardly keep them in one place.

"I-it wasn't like that." I mumbled.

"Then how was it like?!" He hissed at me. His loud voice forced my head to spring up so quickly, "Out of all the men you could have fucked with— does it seriously have to be my brother?"

He was scary. But in the same time, as rude as ever. How could he speak those words to me without feeling anything?

And if there was really something going on between Luke and I, why should he care?

"Liam, I did not sleep with your brother." I spat, "He took me  to a farm because I wanted to go horseback riding and that was it."

"Since when did you get my approval?"