28|Watching

Sorry for the late update:( But from here things are going to start to pick up.

Unknown POV: 

I watched from afar. She had grown into a beautiful woman, she looked so much like them. She was just sitting there with a young man laughing and looking so carefree. I wondered if she knew who he really was. 

Italians and Russians don't mix. It had been that way for as long as I can remember. 

Did they know who she was out with? 

I needed to get closer to her. She wouldn't recognize me, so I took the risk and got closer to the restaurant. I knew I draw attention to myself since I had my black sunglasses on. This was the Italian territory and although she wouldn't recognize me the owner surely would. 

"What are you doing here?" The voice startled me, just what I didn't want to happen. "Take off those sunglasses you look ridiculous."

"I just wanted to come out and eat is that such a crime," I replied.

"It wouldn't be if you weren't staring so hard at the table my nephew is sitting at. I've been watching you ever since you came. Not once did you look away?" At this point, he had cornered me and snatched the sunglasses off my face. 

"Shut up Antonio." I hissed looking around and making sure that no one had seen us. 

"Leave before I do something you don't want me to do." He threatened me. I didn't want to create a scene so I did as he told me to do.

I left. 

Soon I would get back what I so desperately wanted. 

~

Anastasia's POV:

"Stop looking at me," I told him. He was staring at me a little too hard. 

"I can't. When can I take you out again." He grabbed my hand as we exited the restaurant.

"Mmm not sure, but if I was where would you take me on our second date." I quirked one of my eyebrows. 

"That would defeat the whole purpose wouldn't it." He smirked, which only made me roll my eyes. We were driving back to Octavia's place, as we were talking my phone began to ring. I instantly checked who was calling and told Domenico to turn down the music.

"Hi, what happened" I answered the call.

"Devin texted me that he was coming home earlier and that Adrik would just take you home after that. He is coming like in 20 do you think you can make it by then." Octavia quickly said. I was glad that we were already on our way. I was about to reach her house in 5 minutes. I quickly answered her and told her I'd be there. 

"I hate that we have to hide this, but I get it." I sighed in response. I did too but my brothers were something else. I didn't want to put a strain on our relationship. 

"Soon, I just want to make sure that they won't freak out as much."

"Ana is not just your family, but mine too. My dad to be specific." I felt like he was hiding something from me, and I was going to find out. For both of them to mutually hate each other there had to be something wrong.

I mean obviously, I remember the way they spoke to each other at the ball in New York. Maybe they are business rivals? I shrugged it off as he pulled up in front of Octavia's house. 

Domenico leaned closer to me and places a kiss on my cheek. "I'll text you later okay." He told me as I said bye to him and got out of the car.

I quickly ran into the house making sure that they hadn't arrived yet. Octavia opened the door with a big smile, I already knew she wanted me to spill. Before I could do that I needed to change, so we went up to her room where she had some clothes for me. 

"So how did it go?" 

"I've never been on a date, so I have nothing to compare it to, but I had fun. I just don't understand why my brothers have something against him." I frowned not liking how hard this was going to be. When I said the last part Octavia made a face. She knew why my brothers didn't like him. Why had she never told me? She actually was the one who encouraged me to give him a chance.

"You know why. Tell me!" I narrowed my eyes at her.

"I can't it's not my place, I think Domenico should be the one to tell you." Before I could pester her for more answers Adrik was outside waiting for me. I quickly said goodbye to Octavia and to Devin who I ran into downstairs. 

~

NEXT DAY:

"Alexei give it back," I whined trying to grab my phone from him. Apparently, I had been smiling at my phone too hard that Alexei wanted to know who was making me smile. 

"No, now what's your passcode." He was holding it up high while trying different passcodes. I was praying that he would just disable my phone. 

"Why would I tell you my passcode. I was just texting the girls now give it back. If you don't I'll tell Adrik on you." I tried jumping but he just held it up higher. Just to my luck Alek came in and decided to join in. 

"Pass it," Alek told Alexei and he did he threw for him to catch. They really have no fucks that they could've broke my phone. I hate how immature they were. I just wanted my privacy.

"I know her passcode, now let us see what our little sister is hiding from us." I glared at Alek. I knew that he didn't know it, well I think he didn't. Alexei had already disabled my phone for a minute so if he got it wrong it was going to be 5 minutes. 

Luck was on my side when I saw that he had disabled my phone for 5 minutes. 

"I guess you got lucky for now," Alek mumbled as he tossed the phone back to Alexei. 

"Fine keep it you, idiots."  I sighed loudly and dropped onto the couch. I was just going to act as if I had nothing to hide so that they'd just give me my phone back. 

"Stop making those faces, here." Alexei handed me my phone back which earned him a wide smile from me. 

I had not noticed that Alek had left the living room, but when he came back he had the biggest frown on his face. I felt my heart drop at his words. Tears were falling freely, as I was being dragged out of the house by Alek. Alexei had run out the second he heard the news. 

Adrik had been shot and was in critical condition. 

-not edited
Please comment and vote:)!