𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘

"Hyuck!" Nari called for the boy. "Hyuck, please stop!" She tried again running to keep up with the boy, but he only fastened his pace.

Donghyuck was growing more annoyed by the minute and the girl's constant calling for him, wasn't helping. He wanted time to be alone and get away from everyone.

His anger still hasn't subsided and he was taking deep breaths to compose himself. He ran a hand through his brown hair, his hair long as he was growing it out. The boy stomped further away from where the rest were, glaring at anyone who dared look in his direction.

Nari managed to run after him until they reached the school gate. She halted, watching as the boy's pace slowed down until he too came to a stop. His back still facing her, she could see how he was deeply inhaling and slowly exhaling.

There was a wide space between the two, but Nari was too scared of taking a step closer. Instead she wiped her cheeks with her sleeves in an attempt to stop the tears from streaming down her pale face.

"Donghyuck..." She breathed out and for a split second the boy tensed up. Donghyuck was contemplating whether he should turn around and face the girl or just walk away.

He wasn't a coward, though. He wasn't scared. So, he turned around, staring the girl down. Her breath hitched as their eyes met. She felt so small under his gaze. She felt like she would explode if she allowed him to continue boring his eyes into her face.

Nari broke their eyes, looking around her as her quiet sniffling was the only thing that could be heard.

"I'm sorry." She finally spoke.

Donghyuck raised an eyebrow, scoffing out as he looked away. "Why are you sorry? It's not like you mean anything to me."

His words felt like a slap to the face. Nari felt all the pain and guilt boil inside of her. She tried to restrain herself from crying, as it was pointless and selfish of her to feel like this in the first place. "Do you mean that?" She asked, her voice shaky as she spoke.  

The boy scoffed again, frantically running his hand through his hair. "I'm so stupid." He hissed, stepping closer to the girl. "I can't believe that the first time I actually let a girl get close to me. See me vulnerable. And this happens."

"Hyuck, I-"

"No, please! Just stop! " He yelled, his hand raised. He took deep breaths, while tears started burning his eyes. "You know, I really liked you. Like really really liked you and that doesn't just happen."

"And you made me so hopeful. You made me think that maybe I could be happy for once." A tear escaped his eye, making him wipe it away, annoyed.

Nari had never felt this type of pain in her life before. She wasn't used to this. The feeling of guilt was gnawing at her. The fact that she was the cause of someone else's pain didn't sit right with her. "I..." The girl started, her words choking up in her throat.

He turned to the girl, waiting for her to continue. When she didn't, the boy only nodded his head. "Of course. Of course you just took me for a fool." Disappointment was evident in his voice.

"I didn't mean to hurt you. We weren't even supposed to kiss. Hyuck, all this happened so fast and I know I should've stopped it but I didn't. And I only realized how bad it was when I thought of you." She tried explaining, taking careful steps towards the boy.

"You don't have to explain yourself to me, Nari. You were never mine in the first place." The boy managed to let out, heart aching as he spoke the words.

Nari slowly reached her hand out, gripping his own in hers. The boy flinched, pulling his hand away from her. She was quick to take his hand again, this time gripping it tighter. "I know you might not believe me, but I like you. This won't make what I did right, but I like you too."

"What happened on Friday was something I never wanted to happen. It was a mistake and I-"

Donghyuck cut her off, "Were you ever going to tell me?" He softly asked, his eyes trying to meet hers as she looked away.

Nari let go of his hand, swallowing her nerves. "I-I made Renjun promise not to tell anyone, because I didn't want you to find out-"

"So, that the both of you can laugh behind my back." He scoffed out.

"No, what? I asked him to not tell anyone, because I didn't want to hurt you. I didn't want this to happen." Nari was flailing her arms around, exasperated.

Donghyuck had his hands stuck in his hair, lightly tugging at the roots. He deeply inhaled before dropping his hands to his sides, turning to the girl. "This is pointless. I give up, Nari. I don't care anymore."

The moment the words left his mouth, he turned around, leaving her. Nari was once again running after the boy, getting hold of his arm and pulling him back.

In a split second, Donghyuck spun around, pressing his lips on top of hers. Nari froze, shocked by his sudden action. Before she could even respond, it was over just as fast as it happened. He leaned his forehead on hers as he deeply exhaled.

"I hate you, Shin Nari. I hate you so fucking much." He breathed out, before walking away with nothing left to say.

2K?! OH EM GEE WTFFFFF I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!!!

no, sincerely thank you to everyone who shows support to this mess of a book. i actually never really thought people read this but sending all the hugs and love your way 💗💓💕💞💘💝💖💗💕💗💞💕💓💘💞💝💓💖💝💗