[13] - 𝘧𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘦

FRANCE ENDED UP being a possibility. Once the team had taken down the trafficking ring in Italy later that month, Steve was keen on the idea of moving on to France. Besides, it was best to keep moving.

Steve also got a tip on some criminals who were smuggling Chitauri tech in the country. That would be their next mission.

A week went by. Y/N and Wanda decided to have a night out. She always wanted to visit the Eiffel Tower, and Y/N was more than obliged to take her to Paris.

It was in the middle of the night when the couple arrived there. No tourists. No distractions. Just them.

Wanda rested against the railing, looking at the skyline through the metal fence. It looked beautiful. Despite the circumstances they were in, she still enjoyed the sight.

Y/N walked up to the railing, standing beside Wanda with hands in his coat pockets. He gazed at the view as well.

"I'd say this view ain't that bad." He said.

"Come on, it's amazing." She replied.

"It is...", he turned to Wanda and grabbed both her hands, "But I already have someone beautiful I can look at everyday."

She blushed, but laughed right after. Y/N chuckled as well upon hearing his own remark.

"Was that good?" He asked.

"Splendid. Someone's been getting tips from the Hallmark movies."

"That's all they play on TV back at the hotel."

They shared another laugh, and Y/N turned to the view of the city again. He leaned against the railing.

"You're right, though. This view is amazing." He rubbed his hands together, "Too bad we can't enjoy the rest of the city as much as we would."

They were still on the run and needed to be in hiding. What could've been a great trip containing walks during the day and reservations at venues was changed to night strolls in empty streets and visits like these at the Eiffel Tower.

Maybe one day they can still travel the world together under different circumstances. The government can't hold a grudge against Captain America and his colleagues for too long, right?

Wanda caressed Y/N shoulder, "It doesn't matter to me, Y/N. Like I said before, it doesn't matter where we are or how we do it, as long as we're together."

Y/N faces her and gave a smile. He felt the same way. Their lips met and the two kissed.

The couple stood there for some time gazing upon the stars and skyline of Paris. They needed to get back to the hideout with Steve and the others, so Y/N wanted to leave.

Suddenly, a voice was heard behind them.

"Wanda. Y/N."

Y/N grabbed onto Wanda as the couple got startled. They looked back and saw a Caucasian man with blonde parted hair and a brown coat. He looked familiar, but the two couldn't tell.

"Who are you?" Wanda asked, prepared to fight if the man was a threat. Y/N stood beside his lover, ready to transform into Specter if need be.

"It's me." The man reverted back to his true form, with magenta like skin and a silver metal plate covering his head. A yellow gem was glowing on his forehead.

It was Vision.

"Vis?" Y/N asked.

"Friends." Vision greeted.

"What are you doing here?" Wanda asked, still in awe at the arrival of her friend.

"I'm not here as an adversary, nor as a member of the opposite side." He started walking closer. "I'm here as a friend, a sorry one at that. I want to apologize for everything."

"Vis, there's nothing to be sorry about." Wanda replied.

"I followed what was right logistically, when in reality, I should've followed what I thought was right, personally. In turn, I hurt you both..."

Y/N walked up to Vision. "We all made mistakes. I feel like I hurt you, too. I'm sorry."

Vision nodded, looking down in the process. Wanda went up to the synthezoid.

"How's everything back in the states?"

"Mr. Stark is still in New York. Colonel Rhodes is recovering well at the facility."

"Thank God." Y/N remarked at the mention of Rhodey.

"With the Avengers currently disassembled, Mr. Stark is trying to kick start a new team with Peter Parker, the Spider-Man." Vision continued.

Y/N remembered seeing Spider-Man back in the airport battle months ago. He hoped the young man knew what he was getting into being a hero under the Accords.

"Does Stark know you're here?" Wanda asked.

"He knows my intention on meeting you two, but not my exact location. I shut off my tracker."

"And how is he?" Y/N asked.

"He's doing well, despite the circumstances..." Vision referred to the aftermath of Tony finding out the true nature of his parents death and his fight with Steve, "Him and Miss Potts are back together."

Y/N and Wanda nodded. Vision wondered how his two friends were doing.

"And the two of you?"

"We're fine." Wanda motioned towards the view of Paris, "As you can see, we still make time for ourselves."

"That's very nice." Vision responded. "And Captain Rogers?"

"Still with us. Along with Nat and Sam." Y/N crossed his arms and smirked, "You're not gonna try and arrest them are you?"

Wanda nudged Y/N's side, which garnered a chuckle from the synthezoid.

"You mistake me for a pawn, Y/N. I will never sell out my friends to the Secretary of State."

"So, what's next?" Wanda asked.

Vision put his hands in his coat pockets and looked at the view behind the couple.

"I suppose I'll stay with you two for a bit until I have to get back to the compound. I should make these visits more often."

Y/N puts a hand on Vision's shoulder, "It's good to see you again, Vis."

He gave a nod, and Wanda went up to hug the synthezoid. Y/N joined in afterwards, and the three embraced.

No matter the circumstances, the bond shared between the trio was still strong. Vision was glad to have the two by his side. They didn't treat him like that artificial A.I he was assimilated from. They treated him like a human.

They saw him as a friend.

A family member.

A brother.

• • •

This marks the end of Book 2! At this moment, I have over 10k reads which is amazing. I appreciate each and every one of you! Book 3 will be coming soon.