Chapter 54: A+A (II)

YOOHOO!~ Today is my Birthday! So here's my promise mass update! Yay! 

HAPPY READING AND HAVE A GREAT DAY!

DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT AND VOTE!

~BLUE ICED TEA <3

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Sir, we have successfully linked to Via City's signal station, but the signal is extremely unstable and we can only monitor the scene on a very irregular basis, to briefly transmit a code." A liaison reported.

In front of the control panel, a man stood ramrod straight in military uniform and stared at the screen without blinking. The features of his handsome face was very distinct. His was only about thirty and the gold star and badge on his shoulder showed his rank as a brigadier general.

On the screen were twenty-four different scenes, taken at various angles from the cameras. The scenes would occasionally show static and rippling due to the bad signal.

"Eh? Who is the second lieutenant wearing the commander ring right now?" A captain asked, standing by the brigadier general and staring at one of the videos, utterly bewildered by the sight.

Within the video, a young second lieutenant was commanding the soldiers to oppose the arthropods. His expression was full of unwavering determination and a bit of dust. His eyes were bright and sharp while his right hand wore the commander ring that shone in the filthy battlefield.

The commander ring was assigned to the battle commander during conflicts. It was used to ascertain their identity, issue a signal order and act as a notice to prevent soldiers from falling into confusion due to being unable to find their commander.

After Via City was surrounded, the deployment charts of the army units, reserves, heavy weaponry and commanding officers appeared at the military department table. Brigadier General Rhine Lancelot was the chief commander in charge of support this time. He was well aware of the basic situation within Via City. He stared at the Shang Ke within the video and spoke, "He is a graduating student of Royal Military University, Filmore. He was dispatched to Via City for this time's inspection mission."

"What? A graduate?" Captain Lin Jie had a face of disbelief, "How could they give the commander role to a graduate who doesn't have any battle experience?"

Rhine did not reply. Instead, he ordered the liaison to quickly establish a connection with Via City.

Half an hour later, the liaison reported, "Reporting to sir, we have just received news. The superior officers have almost all died in battle. Only one captain remains but he is seriously injured and unable to act. Over nineteen thousand soldiers have died. The current person in charge of commanding is the second lieutenant Filmore."

"Over nineteen thousand soldiers have died in only three days, while almost all of the superior officers have died in battle?" Lin Jie and the others were all shocked, "That's impossible!"

Rhine stared at the monitor for a long time, then spoke, "The information was flawed, the invasion of the arthropods this time is not from the beetles, but variants."

The variants and the beetles look very similar, it was hard to tell them apart with just the naked eye. What was different between them was that the female variants could produce small, venomous spawn from their backs. Their jumping power was strong, their movement speed fast and their limbs were sharp. They could rip apart skin in moments and skewer the human body while releasing a nerve paralysis poison to keep their target still.