Chapter 64: I Am Not A Merman (I)

System: 【Congratulation to Host for completing the Main Mission—Promote to Senior Colonel within ten years.】

【You have completed a Main Mission, please receive your reward. Constitution +5, Memory +7, Spiritual Power +6, Beauty +5, Life Span +2. You can learn two additional skills.】

"Why did I not receive detain time in this world?" Shang Ke asked, confused.

【The moment you completed your main mission, you died. As long as you have so little as a single breath of life left in you, the System can give more time to perform an additional mission.】

Shang Ke: "...Okay, let me ask again, just what use is the reward of extra time? Is it only for the completion of additional missions?" Like, extending his life span to a hundred years or something to wait for a particular tree to bear fruit.

But reality proved that Shang Ke was overthinking it.

【No. The gift of lifespan is what's keeping you alive in the real world. The you in the real world is currently in a vegetative state, kept alive only by machines. The life span you obtain during missions is what is supporting it.】

Shang Ke made a soft sound of realization, then immediately was struck with something and asked in fear, "Wait, what would happen to me if I failed the mission from the first world?"

【The you in the real world would naturally die, and your soul would fall into an unlimited cycle of death and reincarnation. Never again would you have had the chance to return to reality.】

Shang Ke erupted in anger, "Why not tell me something so important earlier!"

【If Host's life value falls to dangerous levels, the System will actively notify you. This is also the reason why the first world gave such preferential treatment. It was to ensure the Host could continue on and complete the following missions.】

"Hehe." Shang Ke's lips twitched, thinking back to the 'mission that can be 100% completed even just by sitting'. It was also the only mission he completed that had satisfied all three additional missions.

Shang Ke grilled the System further before abating. He then clicked open the Skill Catalog, finding that there were two more new skills available, 【Medical Arts】 and 【Planting】. He thought a bit, then chose both of these skills and continued his 【Martial Arts】... after his selection, he walked with large, confident strides into the Hundred Training Space...

After his training, the System once more sent Shang Ke to start a brand new mission.

When he opened his eyes, he found himself floating in water. What was strange about this was that his breathing wasn't obstructed.

Because he had been turned into a dolphin.

A dolphin? Shang Ke gave himself a once-over. He was approximately two meters long with two triangular fins that were swaying in the water and a slender tail that was following the movement of the waves. He was a light gray with a white underbelly, unmarred but for a Flaming Red Sky Flower tattoo. It was not as bright red as it was before, now a much lighter vermillion It looked kind of cute.

Shang Ke felt a bit baffled. This tattoo seemed to follow him through certain worlds but disappear in others. What pattern does it follow?

System: 【Main Mission—Become human food.】

Shang Ke: "......"

......

......

"And?! The information of this world? The direction of the story line? Some clues on the climax? The 'Main Character'?"