Chapter 75: I Am Not A Merman (XII)

Shang Ke slowly opened his eyes, drums pounding at his skull from the inside. It was only after the pain had subsided a little that he noticed he was in a large tank of water. A group of researchers stood by it, and the head of them was the research leader.

He instantly recognized that his situation was dire. Going by what he remembered from before he lost consciousness, he had been swimming freely under the water until an acute pain bloomed from around his waist. He had been hit by something thin and sharp, which had knocked him out. He guessed it was a tranquilizer dart of sorts. It was obvious now that the research leader schemed against him.

It was strange though. The dolphin research project had been progressing very smoothly. He had been so cooperative that he couldn't be any more cooperative. Must this guy really use such means?

"Hehe, Flames, or should I call you 'Hai Yan'?" The research leader looked him over like he was appreciating an art piece.

Shang Ke's confusion instantly cleared up. The research leader knows of his identity and plans to monopolize the credits and benefits of the discovery.

He carefully observed his surroundings. He was not in the familiar research institute where he had been situated. He did not know what means the research leader had used, but he was rather curious as to how they had smuggled him out of the marine building. He was currently in dolphin form, so not only was he huge, but he was very heavy.

"From today on, you are the most important experimental subject of our new research group. We will make sure to not waste a single cell from your body." The research leader spoke with false kindness, his hands clasped behind his back, "As long as you cooperate with us and help us complete our experiment, the entirety of humanity will extend their gratitude to your sacrifice and contribution towards the future.

Can you cut with the bull already? Get to the point!

Shang Ke turned away, too lazy to deal with him. He had more than the courage to face death, but even when the time came for him to die, it needs to be in an extremely heroically and brave manner. There was no way he was going to let this guy take advantage of him.

The research leader seemed to have already foreseen that he would not cooperate, so he had people push out a smaller water tank. Hearing the sounds of activity, Shang Ke turned back and was horrified to see that the two little mermen had also been smuggled out. When the two of them spotted Shang Ke, they immediately stuck their faces to the top of the water tank, anxiously watching him.

Shang Ke frowned. Did the research leader take the chance while Qin Yuan was abroad and have his people empty out the entire marine building?

"Alright." The research leader patted the smaller water tank and spoke with a smile, "I want to see you turning from a dolphin into a human again. Do it now."

Although he smiled, the threat hung clear in his words.

Shang Ke was not interested in revealing his naked self in front of all of these people. However, with the little mermen in the hands of the enemy, he did not have a choice.

"You're not willing?" The research leader pressed a button and the water temperature in the small tank started to rise. The two mermen crowded together in the tank for comfort, staring at Shang Ke in confusion and fear.

The research leader did have other means to make Shang Ke transform. He had prepared several drugs to get him drowsy and try to force it. But a twisted part of him wanted to push down and break Shang Ke's wild nature and force him to behave the old fashioned way.

He didn't expect that Shang Ke would not take the bait. He hadn't even considered that he would object violently, banging himself against the sides of the tank. Once, twice, three times, as if he did not care for his life at all. The water tank started to shake under his constant attack, the water splashing back and forth.