5| Excuse Me?

Nora

The bell to my apartment rang at 6:59 pm. I was strapping my heels at that moment. My eyes flung towards my laptop that was sitting so innocently on my coffee table, as if it hadn't just told me what I was getting myself into, who I was getting myself into with.

I took a deep breath and opened the door. Nicolas stood there looking his hot and sexy billionaire way. He was clad in a three piece suit, his tie the same one as I'd seen him the first time, steely blue, matching his eyes. I looked down at my blue dress, not knowing if that was a coincidence.

"H-"

He smashed his lips on mine, pushing me further inside my flat and closing the door with his foot. One of his hands was branded on my hip, the other one plunging into my hair. I didn't care if he was messing it up. The heels made our height difference shorter and I kissed him back with the same fervour. He pulled me closer, his tongue battling with mine, trying to dominate me. I denied access, making him groan and pull back.

"Fuck." He muttered. His breath hit my lips. "Christ, you look breathtaking."

"I know." I replied. That made him chuckle.

"Are you ready?"

"Just let me grab my keys." I said. He wrapped an arm around my waist as I locked the door and pushed me to his side.

I was aroused. Painfully so. I looked at him when we were in the elevator, but he didn't look back at me. His gaze was straight, the arm around my waist tight and possessive. I shook away from my trance when we reached our floor and he walked us to his car.

A chauffeur opened the door for us and I slid in, Nicolas sliding in beside me. "Caramel." He said to the driver.

I smiled. "I should've known you'd take me to one of yours."

He shrugged. "I like showing off what's mine." 

We didn't talk much on the ride. He had placed his hand on my knee, and I was scorching right there. His palm was warm and exciting, and it was taking everything inside me to not ask him to place it everywhere.

We reached our destination a few minutes later. It seemed Nicolas had already arranged everything because we were escorted to the far end of the restaurant, away from everyone else. Dark black glasses surrounded us, allowing me to see others, but they couldn't see us. He wanted privacy. But I didn't understand why. Or maybe, I didn't want to accept it.

"Do you like working?" He asked, pouring me a glass of wine.

"I do actually." I replied, politely accepting the glass. "I love working."

"Why?"

I shrugged. "Several reasons. I like making money. Work helps me escape reality. It makes me independent."

He raised an eyebrow. "Are those the real reasons?"

My mouth curved up. "Wouldn't you like to know." Then I nodded. "Those are, some of the many. I honestly don't really know why. I like to think these are the reasons. Because if they aren't-"

"Then you'll not understand why you do." He finished. "And that'll frustrate you. You like to know things which concern you."

It was my turn to raise an eyebrow. 

He tilted his head. "I observe things. I can read people very easily."

I gave his face a once over, nodding to myself in awe. He was beautiful. The way his mouth curved up when he smiled left me awestruck. I leaned over the table to get a better look at him. His eyes snapped towards my chest, darkening slightly when they hit my cleavage and moving up to my eyes again.