47

you closed the door of your room with your other hand and inumaki waited patiently for you to do so. after you were done he started walking and you almost stumbled since you two were still holding hands.

not knowing where he would take you, you didnt care anyways. all you knew was that if you stayed in your room that you would probably overthink about everything that went down.

you sighed and went along with him, he passed many corridors and eventually stopped in front of an old staircase that you never saw before.

"toge, i know youre trying to cheer me up but i havent eaten dinner yet and am really tire-" you dragged out but where immediately silenced by inumaki who put a single finger on your lips.

and it worked, you didnt even try to continue talking anymore. his touch felt so familiar, even if it was for a split second. inumaki then removed his finger again as he was certain that you wouldnt complain anymore.

his hand retracted and went to hold the handle of the old entrance, pulling it downwards to open the door. after the door was fuly opened he tugged on your hand to follow him up the staircase.

following his figure, the two of you ascended the many stairs and were met with another door. you wondered what was going to happen and slightly furrowed your brows.

now opening the other door, your eyes widened at the sight and your mouth slightly parted. the two of you were standing on the roof of jujutsu tech.

he kept on walking on the roof and you quickly jogged to him to catch up, inumaki walked over to a place with a wooden bench and a canopy.

inumaki sat down on the bench and you tilted your head at him. he was patting the space next to him, indicating to sit down, and so you did. with both hands on your side on the bench.

it was beautiful, jujutsu tech was known for not having many lights around which meant that the sky was clearly visible. it was 7.30PM as and therefore it was right after sundown.

the sky was a beautiful dark blue with the faintest hints of black and dark purple in it. white shining stars spreading all over the sky too.

you couldnt take your eyes off the scenery, it was gorgeous. you never knew that there were this many stars visible in the sky at night.

your eyes softened at the sight while inumaki was looking at you. he shifted a little closer and put his hand on yours.

snapping out of your daze, you turned your head at him. and felt immense guilt overcome you, you didnt even let him know you left and yet he was here trying to cheer you up. "im sorry." you whispered to him.

avoiding the eye contact, you looked down at his hand which was still on top of yours. inumaki didnt react at your sudden apology. instead, he got his other hand up and placed the side of his index finger under your chin.

he raised your head as he wanted you to look him in the eye, you didnt struggle and let him tilt your head upwards with ease.

now looking straight in your eyes, he wanted to tell you that everything was fine and would be okay eventually. but you didnt give him the chance to do so.

you tilted your head slowly, out of his grip to look forward again. he didnt know what you had done and you still felt horrible as you remembered it.

'i really took a life and im not even getting punished for it.' you thought while looking at the ground. you opened your mouth to speak up but inumaki beat you to it.

he had slightly crouched down in his sitting position and tilted his head to the side to look clearly at your face. the corners of your mouth curled upwards in the slightest bit at the motion.

you always felt comfortable with him, no matter the situation. after a while, he retracted to his previous sitting position and spoke up, "tuna mayo." he told you to speak up, to tell him what happened.

hesitating at first, you took a deep breath. at first you didnt want to tell him because he would probably think different about you, but you couldnt hide it forever, at least not for him.

it was silent for a moment, the violet eyed boy gave you all the time you needed to prepare. you sighed and started confessing about what happened that day.

you opened your mouth, "when i got back to my dorm yesterday, after training..." you started and purposely left out the details about megumi, that was something private after all.

after your little pause, you continued again, "i found a letter." you said and looked up to get a better view of the stars. inumaki didnt say anything, he was listening to every word that came out of your mouth, still with his hand on top of yours.

"it said something about my mom, it was quite concerning, so i immediately went over there." you told him as the words suddenly spilled out your mouth.

you really needed to talk, and he knew that too. "they told me my mom had died." you whispered out you felt inumaki tense up at your words.

he squeezed your hand softly in a way to let you know he was there for you. you took this as a sign to continue. after inhaling sharply, you told him more.

"they said my relatives did it at first." you said and your voice cracked a little when you neared the end of your sentence, now looking back down at the roof you two were on.

feeling your eyes becoming a bit glassy, you decided to ignore it and continue nonetheless, "it turns out, they actually did it." you told him and felt angry as you remembered how they had the audacity to do so.

your eyebrows were furrowed, but that didnt last long as your eyes softened again, "and you know why they did it?" you asked him rhetorical, still avoiding his gaze by looking down.

"its because my dad is a fucking kamo." you confessed to him and noticed your vision had become slightly blurry, you could still see things properly but not as usual.

swallowing thickly before carrying on with your story, you opened your mouth again. "and everyone knows how strict kamos are with bloodlines." you stated the obvious as your breath hitched in your throat.

you brought your free hand up to your hair to set a single strand of hair that fell in front of your eyes in place behind your ear in order to try and see clearer. but it didnt help.

lowering your hand again, you told inumaki even more, "so they considered me and my mom two sins. and wanted to make sure we would be... gone." you tried to find the right words to make it sound as subtle as possible.

feeling tears swell up in the corners of your eyes as you thought about what you would say next, knowing that the worst part would come now.

"toge, i did something horrible." you confessed and bit your lower lip to try and not cry on the spot. inumaki didnt flinch at your words like you expected. instead, he kept quiet and let you figure out how you would break the news to him.

your shoulders tensed up and he noticed it, he felt sorry for what you had to go through. you finally parted your lips, ready to tell him, "i killed her." you whispered in the softest voice you could manage.