(Late) Easter Special

Requested by @theeasterbunnysbutthole

Title: Confetti Eggs

"Thank you." I said happily as I picked up the bag of eggs, baskets, and "special" eggs and made my way out of the store, making sure to hold the door for the elderly woman coming inside. She thanked me and muttered a comment about how not all youth were bad. I just laughed and continued on, skipping down the street as I made my way to an alleyway. Glancing around to be sure there was no one else around, I carefully lifted the manhole cover and made my way down, making sure not to drop anything down the hole.

It was Easter Sunday up on the surface, so I had grabbed some essential supplies and made my way down under, intent on getting the boys into the same spirit as topside. As I made my way through the sewers, I carefully took the pizza box I had under my arm, and set it down on the concrete, intending on a little prize. Humming, I continued down the path I had memorized, already thinking about the memories I were sure to be great. Making my way into the lair, I was surprised to see the turtles doing nothing. Leo was watching Space Heroes, Raph was sparring with the already beat-up dummy in the corner, Donnie was reading a book on the couch, and Mikey was in the kitchen, pouting at Ice-Cream Kitty as she stuck her little tongue out at him.

"(Y/n)!" Mikey shrieked as I strolled into the lair, running over to me with ice-cream covered fingers. I cringed at him before he had a chance to touch me, and he gave me puppy-dog eyes as he turned and slouched away, sucking his fingers sadly.

"Hey, (y/n). What's all that?" Donnie questioned as he got up and closed his book to give me a hug. He noticed the bags as I pulled away and I just shrugged, winking at him as I put a finger up to my lips for him to be quiet. He just shrugged as he went back to his book, Leo and Raph grinning and shoving each other as they tried to see who was going to get to me first. Turns out it was Leo, who swept Raph's feet out from under him at the last second. Raph fell with a "hey!" as Leo hugged me tightly and then casually walked away, making his way back to his show. Raph stood up with a grunt as he quickly hugged me also, muttering about how Leo was a cheater.

After they had all gone back to their normal activities, assuming I would join one of them, I made my way over to the kitchen, where Mikey had just tossed Ice-Cream Kitty back into the freezer with a yowl. He patted his hands together and then bound over to me, suddenly noticing all the bags as he finally had a chance to wrap his arms around me.

"What's all that?" He gasped as he gazed into the white bags, noticing all the colors that popped out from under the plastic. I slyly hid the other carton of eggs under the counter, not ready for the excitement I knew it would bring when Mikey found out what they actually were.

"It's for you guys." I said as I began untying the bags, pretending to ignore the rest of the boys as they finally realized that I was in the kitchen with colorful, shiny things. They all sat on different sides of the counter- Mikey to my exact right, Donnie on the right side of the table, Leo across from us, and Raph on my left- and watched as I carefully unwrapped the eggs of all kinds, trying to keep them from touching.

"What are these?" Mikey asked as he carefully reached for a boiled egg and held it between his index and thumb- me suddenly realizing just how painfully small the eggs were to them. To a person, they fit snugly in the palm of their hands, but to the turtles, they could probably easily hold four or five eggs in their palms.

Raph suddenly snatched the orange egg from his hand, being unusually gently with it as he set it back down on the table. "It's an egg Mikey; just a different color." Even if his tone was harsh, his eyes were just as wide as Mikey's, wonder filling them. Leo and Donnie hadn't said anything yet, but they were staring at the eggs also, Leo's chin resting on the table as he carefully reached a hand out and poked a plastic egg.