nineteen

Yunhee and Haechan sat at their table across from the people who claimed to be Yunhee's parents. They felt it was more appropriate to talk there where no nosy passerby's would try and interfere.

"So... Who are you and why do you think I'm your daughter?" Yunhee asked as a way to help get the conversation going.

"Your parents were Kim Beomsoo and Kim Eunjung?" The supposed mother asked Yunhee who slowly nodded her head.

"I'm assuming they never told you that... you were adopted." At those words, Yunhee froze.

The entirety of her life she lived in a horrible mental state. The 'parents' she grew up with treated her like absolute shit. She never knew what it felt like to be properly loved by parents. She always wondered why her friends parents loved them endlessly but hers did not. None of it made sense till now when the possibility could have been simply because she wasn't their child.

Yunhee was speechless. She didn't know what to say except...

"Why?"

She never knew that this entire time she could have possibly been living a different life. Possibly a happier one with accepting parents but then again, people don't usually put their children up for adoption out of nowhere. Majority have reasons to do what they did so Yunhee was willing to listen.

"When we found out I was pregnant with you, we were ecstatic. We were so happy and were looking forward to having you in our lives." Yunhee's mother explained and gently took a hold of Yunhee's hand which she allowed.

"But then, financial issues came into play. We weren't financially stable to care for a child. We could barely keep our home anymore." She continued and at that point, Haechan wrapped his arm around Yunhee, ready to console her in case any strings were pulled.

"We decided to go through with the pregnancy and chose adoption but we knew that we wanted to give you loving parents. After talking with a lot of people who would be willing to take you in, we chose Beomsoo and Eunjung."

At those words, Yunhee held her breath. A small scoff emitted from her lips.

"Loving? Are you sure you didn't just pass me on to some random family who had the financial stability to support me?" Yunhee asked, not believing the fact that her adopted parents were supposed to be loving.

"Of course. They told us about this dream with a baby and it sounded so loving so... we decided to go for them."

Yunhee ended up bursting into tears. Her parents furrowed their brows, confused as to why she was crying.

"What's the matter?" Her father asked as Haechan held Yunhee, hugging her and rubbing motions up and down her back.

"Her adopted parents were not loving. They verbally abused her and made her feel like absolute crap. She didn't have loving parents at all." Haechan explained and her parents became shocked.

Yunhee faced her parents with tear filled eyes and explained her life to them, making sure to include the trauma she endured from them.

Her parents hearts broke as they heard her break down. They would have never known that their child was given to such horrible people.

Yunhee's parents pulled the girl into an embrace, apologizing endlessly.

"We didn't think that they would be like that. They convinced us that they were so loving." Her mother cried out and all Yunhee could do was nod. Her parents may have gave her away but they meant for the right intentions.

"I'll never understand why they were so persistent to adopt you if this was how they were planning to treat you." Her father said with an evident anger in his voice.

"Guess they just wanted something to blame for all their problems so they don't get mad at each other." Yunhee sniffled out as she released from the embrace and sat back with Haechan.

"I'm sorry for you going through that." Her mother said again and Yunhee shook her head.

"It's okay. I know you meant well." Yunhee said with a smile and her parents returned it.

"Looks like we have a lot to catch up on, huh?" Her parents said as they pointed to Kyungsan who played in the living room and as well to Haechan.

"I guess we do." Yunhee said with a laugh.

"This is Haechan, my soulmate. Kyungsan is our son, given to us from the universe or whoever controls this entire soulmate thing." Yunhee explained and her parents stared in fascination.

"So you guys decided to keep Kyungsan?" Her mother asked and Yunhee gave a confused stare.

"It wasn't a choice. He was given to us." Yunhee said and this time her parents became confused until one suddenly realized the situation.

"Have you two said your 'I love you's?" Her father asked and the soulmates shook their heads.

"That's why. Once you two say you love each other and the heart knows you mean it, a group of people will appear and-"

"Let them find out for themselves. They're the ones who need to see it without spoilers." Her father said and her mother quickly nodded her head.

"Wait, are you guys soulmates too?" Yunhee asked, curious as to how they knew what was bound to happen.

"Not from the universe, no. But, we love each other so much that we just like to believe we are at times." Her mother explained.

"Then how do you guys know what happens?"

"My friends were soulmates. They were assigned twins to care for." Her mother explained and the soulmates widened their eyes.

"You can get twins?!"

"Anything is possible." Her father laughed o as he saw the shocked expressions on the two soulmates faces.

"I believe we should get going now, though. We do have plans soon." Her mother said as she checked the time and Yunhee pouted.

"Well, thank you for finally coming into my life. It was truly amazing meet you guys and it was fun catching up." Yunhee said as she and Haechan walked her parents to the door.

"I hope to see you guys again soon."

At that, they all bid goodbye to each other with smiles on their faces.

After Haechan shut the door, he turned to face Yunhee who immediately pulled him into a loving hug.

"Thank you for being there for me." She said.

Haechan smiled placed a kiss on the very edge of her lips, not exactly on them but enough to make her heart do a million flips.

"I'll always be there for you. You're my soulmate."

Kyungsan cheered at the sight of the near kiss on the lips his parents had and ran up to them, hugging their legs.

The couple laughed and picked up their son, standing in an embrace as they enjoyed the happiness they felt within themselves.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────
"THEY WERE ABOUT TO KISS!!"

"DAMMIT HAECHAN YOU FUCKING TEASE!!"

"Are they slower than we were?"

"Sorta."