Chapter 10: Practice makes perfect

I was watching from the crowd seeing Cardin absolutely destroy Jaune. Jaune was almost on the ground panting while Cardin laughed at him while holding his mace over his shoulder. Jaune made one last ditch attempt and ran right at Cardin. Bad move. Cardin sidestepped him and smacked him away with his mace. With a yell Jaune got up from the floor and charged again.

Jaune swung his sword downwards but it was intervened by Cardin using the handle as a weapon.

"This is the part where you lose!"(Cardin)

"Over...my dead-"(Jaune)

Cardin kicked Jaune in the nuts resulting in not only Jaune hitting the ground but also Jaune's monologue being interrupted. Uncool.

Cardin raised his mace to finish him but a buzzer stopped it. Jaune was out.

"Cardin, that's enough."(Glynda)

"Students as you can see, Mr Arc's aura is now in the red. In a tournament's style duel, this would indicate that Jaune is no longer fit for battle and that the official may call the match."(Glynda)

"Mr Arc, it's been weeks now. Please try to refer to your scroll during combat. Gauging your aura will help you decide if it's appropriate to attack or to retreat."(Glynda)

"We wouldn't want you to be gobbled up by a Beowold now would we?"(Glynda)

"Speak for yourself..."(Cardin)

Fucking bi-

"Remember everyone! The Vytal Festival is only a few months away! It won't be long before other students from other kingdoms start arriving in Vale. So keep practising. Those who choose to participate in the combat tournament will be representing all of Vale."(Glynda)

With that the bell rung and she dismissed us.
.
.
.
.
.
"So there we were... in the middle of the night, (Nora)

"It was day. (Ren)

"We were surrounded by Ursi!"(Nora)

"They were Beowolves."(Ren)

"Dozens of them!"(Nora)

"But they were no match for Ren and I and we made a boat load of lien selling Ursa skin fur!"(Nora)

Quite a spectacular story, but Jaune's problems seem more...appropriate.

"She's been having this recurring dream for nearly a month now."(Ren)

"Jaune? Are you ok?"(Pyrrha)

Jaune who was playing with his food had a delayed reaction.

"Huh? Oh yea why?"(Jaune)

"It's just that you seem a little...not ok."(Ruby)

"Guys! I'm fine! Seriously! Look!"(Jaune)

He then gave a very poor attempt at faking a smile. Trust me I know all too well...

Then we heard laughing.

"Jaune, Cardin has been picking on you since the first week of school, "(Pyrrha)

"Who? Cardin Winchester? What? No! He just likes to joke around a lot, you know? Practical jokes hehe..."(Jaune)