Chapter 5: Contemplations V2

As of October 31, 2021, this chapter has been rewritten.

Old Co-Author note: Hi all, CallMePlez here. Some of you know me as Sorawara Daichi from Discord. I'm a new co-author for Danny. As you may have known, I made the cover for this collaborative novel. Now, I do clicky-click from my Steelseries Apex Pro to write down a combination of latin words, creating sentences of American-English, that turns into paragraphs that'll entertain you. I also have a work published on my profile, if you enjoy my writing style, give it a go. Oh, yeah, I'm also the WarHawk-PaxAmericana-totally-want-to-nuke-America's-enemies-and invade-SouthAmerica-for-their-oil-god-bless-America-America-fuck-yea! author in the group.

[-]

New Author note: I'm sick AF, so small chapter re-write for now. Watch out for chapter 5.5.

[-]

27th March 1942

Washington D.C.

Oval Office, The White House.

Inside the oval office another meeting began regarding the state of the world. It is getting to the point where Potts and her staff are spending more time in the Oval office or the situation room more than any other place in the White House. Day after day, these meetings were being held, with Potts getting only three to four hours of sleep. Update after update of the situation was being provided, with additional information being revealed everyday. It was now clear to everyone in the top leadership they were in a world similar to theirs, but completely different at the same time.

This time, the Indian ambassador was summoned for another meeting, now regarding matters of India and a further course of action his nation is going to take.

New adversaries now existed, the Axis powers, and in due time, the Communist Bloc. The Colonial powers also had their own list, ranging from hostile, to neutral powers present during this time period. The British Empire's behaviour towards the United States marked as uncertain, as their old time ally and the old colonial masters of India, their present close and only ally in this world are about to go throw blows at each other.

Contact between the United Kingdom had been established, via Canada and the Royal Naval task force in the Indian ocean, however the British have been suspicious, and proper communication has not been established yet. This has resulted in suspending all joint operations from the British Empire as those agreements were with the old US.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I suppose all of you know why we are gathered here?" Potts asked, leaning back in her chair.

Few individuals replied with a positive tone, rest just nodded.

Potts then sat up. "Right... I'll take it as a 'yes' and about the Axis... Does anyone in this room have a suggestion of what we should do next?"

"How about the method of eradicating the Axis with nukes, hmmm? I am sure that's the quickest way possible." Scorch replied with a smile on his face.

The comment sparked everyone, which led most of the members to mumble in a disappointed manner. Some of them spoke behind Scorch's suggestion. One fellow even had to say this to Scorch.

"You're crazy." Dav whimpered.

"No, I'm not." Scorch retorted. "We did it in WW2, we can do it again."

Then Petra, defense secretary, rose and asked, "Scorch, do you think your suggestion would be wise enough? Don't you know how catastrophic it will be and how severe the backlash we are going to receive onward? Not just from other nations, but even from our own people living would question us, if we choose this path?"