[ 40 ] this never happened

THIS NEVER HAPPENED

"YOU brought us to an ice rink." Aspen deadpanned as the five of them, her, Stiles, Scott, Allison, and Lydia step foot in the building. Both Scott and Stiles had kept her in the dark on where they were taking the girls for the entire ride there.

"We sure did." the Stilinski boy chirped, throwing an arm around her shoulder.

Scott and Allison, being the smitten love birds they are, went to put their skates on just the two of them, leaving Aspen with Stiles and Lydia.

"Could it be any colder in here?" Lydia complained.

Aspen was surprisingly, back in her trademark leather jacket. Stiles didn't comment on it, but somehow he knew it was a good sign. The item of clothing was more than just a garment for her.

Something about seeing Erica Reyes waltz on into the cafeteria clad in leather from head to toe made Aspen put hers back on. In fear of her parent's though, she'd quite literally gone to the measures of sneaking in through her own bedroom window.

"I'm not cold, I'd offer you this, but you've stated in the past that you're not too fond of it." Aspen replied, shrugging off her jacket, making the strawberry blonde chuckle.

"Please, you're the leather jacket girl. No one else can pull it off." Lydia said casually, probably not registering that she had just given the Carter girl a compliment.

Stiles and Aspen shared a quick look, one that said 'did you just hear what I just heard?'

"Oh... well, thanks." Aspen said unsurely, the feeling of being complimented by Lydia Martin was beyond foreign, although the two girls had been making their best efforts to get along recently.

Lydia deemed it pointless to continue being spiteful towards her, seeing as she had now come to her rescue not once, not twice, but three times. Once in the woods when she was close to dying of hyperthermia, then twice with Jackson.

"I'm gonna go solo, if that's cool with the two of you." Lydia announced, standing up with her skates on. She raised one eyebrow as she made eye contact with Aspen, almost like a friendly teasing look.

"Yeah, that's totally cool, great actually. Fantastic. N-not that we wouldn't want you to- " Stiles stumbled on his words after sounding too enthusiastic about being alone with Aspen.

She made him nervous, the thought of spending time with Lydia didn't even cross his mind.

The strawberry blonde made her way to the ice, leaving the pair alone, tieing up their ice skates.

"How's uh..." Stiles hesitated. "Have you heard from your parents at all?"

Aspen was so taken back by his question, the two never really discussed Aspen's family situation recently. Her eyes widened as she turned her head to look at him when he was speaking, only to drop the skate in her hand out of clumsiness.

The blade on the bottom of the boot just managed to slit through the skin in the Carter girl's palm, drawing blood as she winced in pain.

"Shit." she gasped, her other hand flying to cover the cut.

"Oh my God, Asp." Stiles panicked, grabbing a spare shirt he had in his backpack, immediately bundling it up and covering her palm in it.

"That hurt like a fucking bitch." Aspen mumbled in slight laughter. Stiles kept the shirt over the cut to clean up the blood it had drawn.

"Yeah, I bet, the blades on these things are pretty shar..." the Stilinski boy's voice trailed off before he finished his sentence, as he slowly removed the orange garment of clothing from her hand.