Chapter 27: My Comfort.

This chapter contains other anime characters that won't have an impact on the main storyline

Soon, he calmed down. "Genya..." He mumbled as small tears started falling down his cheek, you started panicking, you were bickering with him earlier and now he's crying and showing his vulnerable side to you. You didn't know what to do.

"...Its all my fault..." he mumbled, 'Well fuck, Sanemi I don't know what to say because I don't know what the absolute FUCK just happened.' You thought. But you felt sorry for him and soon you pulled him closer, to your surprise he didn't push you away, but instead held you even tighter. You let him cry on your shoulder, not uttering a word, just listening to what he had to say.

You stood there, awkwardly hugging him. Just listening to his mumbles or whatever he was saying, but then all of that got cut off when your phone rang. "I... You should get that..." Sanemi sniffled, awkwardly letting you go, You nodded and soon looked to see who it was, it was Rengoku.

You raised an eyebrow, why would he call? You soon picked it up, "Hello?" You spoke out, "I apologize for disturbing your night Y/n but... Genya is here with me right now, I found him in the park. I called Sanemi on his phone but he won't pick up." Rengoku replied, your eyes widen.

"Oh! Then um... Tell him to wait, Sanemi and I are going there right now-" You were cut off by Genya's voice, "NO WAY IN FUCKING HELL AM I GOING BACK THERE!!" He shouted, the phone had picked it up, Sanemi looked down.

Rengoku wen't quiet before replying, "Y/n, I'll let him stay at my place for the night... Lets just make things cool off for now." He mumbled the last part, only you could hear it. "Well... Umm... alright Rengoku, thanks." You replied and soon he hung up.

You turned to Sanemi, his facial expression is something you would never ever forget, it showed guilt, and pain. Even thought he annoys you, your heart can't help but felt sympathy for him. "Rengoku said he found him in the park, and... He'll let him stay at his place for the night." You told him.

"...Thank goodness..." He mumbled while dropping to the floor, trembling. You knew he was probably thinking, where did he go wrong, how could he atone for his actions, that the pressure of being the eldest sibling is killing him. I mean, the dude has to cook, clean, basically take care of everything for his brother.

"...You did nothing wrong." You told him. He slowly looks at you, "...How do you say so?" He replied, 'I played the game sweetie, of course I know that your backstories are tweaked a bit but I know damn well it wasn't your fault... You only tried protecting your siblings... But now you have an ugly reputation.' You thought.

"I know you enough to know that you only want to protect the people around you." You replied, his chest felt a little light, for the first time in his life, someone managed to understand his intentions, even thought he's shit at doing it, and shit at communicating at the people he cares for.

He lets out a deep sigh and wiped his tears away. You soon held out your hand, to help him get up. He stared at your hand before grabbing it, you helped him get up. "I'm sorry... For tonight... You got dragged into something you're not involved in..." Sanemi apologizes.

"Don't worry your ass over it, there's no need to apologize." You replied with a small smile. "You should go get some rest, its getting late." You suggested, he nodded. All of this felt unreal to him, he felt ashamed and embarrassed he cried in front of you, the person he always argues and bickers with.

He soon walked up to his door, and you walked up to yours, you glanced at him. "Hey... Umm... You shouldn't keep those burdens to yourself, if you need someone to talk to I'm here. I'll have your back." You told him, his eyes widen, his heart started to race a bit.