Chapter 13A

Yuna's POV

IT'S BEEN AN hour since Ryujin left. After Yeonjun's mom claimed that Ryujin is her daughter, Ryujin ran away. We chased her but we didn't catch her.

Yeonjun and Beomgyu are searching for her but until now they still haven't given us any news.

We're all messed up with what's going on. We don't know if we will believe that or not. I know Yeonjun's mom isn't a liar but what she said seems impossible to believe.

Yeonjun and Ryujin are siblings? Does it makes sense?

I have no idea what happened today. Neither Daddy nor Mommy mentioned anything about this.

"Where is she?"

Uncle, Ryujin's dad, asked anxiously when he arrived. He looks like he came from work based on what he's wearing.

"Uncle ..." I called him. "Is that true? Ryujin's mother is Yeonjun's mom?"

I couldn't help but ask. There are a lot of questions floating around my head. I feel like my brain will burst any minute if my questions won't be answered.

"I'll explain later," Uncle said seriously. "Where is she?"

I nodded. I pointed to Ryujin and my room. That's where Yeonjun's mother is waiting.

He quickly entered there. The seven of us were outside waiting for them to talk. Moments later Mommy and Daddy arrived.

"How did Yeonji find out about Ryujin? Maybe my niece was so surprised that she ran away when she found out the truth."

Daddy's tone was angry as he said that.

"You know something, dad?" They both looked at me.

"My daughter-"

"You know something. But you didn't even tell me?"

Mommy approached me. "We'll explain later. Where is your uncle now?"

I pointed to our room. Daddy and Mommy went in there shortly. I followed them and went inside. An intense atmosphere enveloped me when I reached inside.

"It's not in what we agreed upon, Yeonji!" Uncle said angrily to Yeonjun's mom.

"I just can't bear that my own daughter won't even recognize me!"

"I hope you thought that before you divorced me then! You could have thought of the consequences of your actions beforehand! I know you were only forced to marry me before because you were pregnant. So when we no longer understood and you wanted to file for divorce I let you because I know you're not happy living with me since you still love your ex. I let you go for your happiness. "

Yeonjun's mommy didn't speak. Mom and dad are also quiet.

"We agreed to raise our kids separately. Yeonjun is yours, Ryujin is mine." Uncle added.

"That's what we did, isn't it, Jinho? We raised our kids separately but we didn't agree that it's prohibited for me to meet my daughter."

I get where Yeonjun's mom is coming from. Even though I don't know the whole story, she also has the right to know her daughter and Ryujin also has the right to know her mother.

Ryujin has been wondering where her mother is since we were kids. She always asks her dad where her mom is. She'll always feel left out when it comes to her mother. I remember before that she got into a fight just because of that.

It dawned on me that a girl was pushing Ryujin causing her to fall on the ground.

"Ryujin has no mom! Ryujin doesn't have a mom!" The girls said in unison.

I was about to defend my cousin but she preceded me in defending herself.

"So what if I don't have a mother?" She got up from sitting on the floor. "Does it become a reason for you to bully me? Not having a mother isn't something I should be embarrassed about. I grew up good even without one but how about you? You have your mothers to look after you but they didn't raise you properly.

"What?! How could you? I'll tell this to my mommy! You'll pay for this!" One of the girls shouted.

"Tell her. You can also bring your daddy with you if you want!" Ryujin said smirking.

The bullies ran away from her. I approached her and saw a tear that she immediately wiped away.

"Are you okay?" Concerned I asked her.

She smiled.

"Of course I am!"

She tried sounding okay but I knew that wasn't sincere.

"STILL NO NEWS on Ryujin?" Beomgyu asked me.

We are in the cafeteria now. Queued to buy lunch. Almost all of us can't concentrate during our classes. It's been three days but we still can't get to find a hint of where Ryujin went.

I nodded. "She doesn't call nor text."

He frowned again. I pity him. Out of all of us, he was really the one affected by Ryujin's departure. I know he had a surprise prepared for Ryujin's birthday. I know because Kai told me about it. He would have confessed to  Ryujin but it was ruined because of what happened.

After class, we went straight home. No one is wandering around now because we are all still worried if Ryujin is okay.

I understand her. We understand her. We can't blame her for why she did that. If I were her, I probably the same too.

I lay down on my bed and stretched. I'm so tired. I close my eyes and fell asleep.

I woke up when I heard my cellphone ring. I saw it was five o'clock in the morning on the clock sitting on my side table.

I'm still sleepy so I lazily get my phone. I answered the call and put it to my ear.

"Let me sleep-"

"Yuna."

I forgot how sleepy I was when I heard my cousin's voice on the other line. I immediately sat up in my bed.

"Ryujin? Where are you? We're worried about you!"

"Shhh ... I'm fine. I need you."

I hurriedly arranged myself after the call. Ryujin texted the address where she was. I took what she ordered me to pick up. I hailed a taxi outside the village and told the driver the address where Ryujin was.

I arrived in less than ten minutes. We were looking for her, she was just too close?

I entered the hotel. It's just a small hotel but it still looks decent. I got to the floor where she was using the elevator. I knocked on the door according to the number she said.

Immediately the door opened and her face appeared on me. I went inside and greeted her with a hug. I missed her so much!

When we let go of the hug, I realize that we're not just the two of us inside. I saw a man sitting on the sofa while eating a slice of bread. It's Ryujin's best friend and Yeji's twin.

"I'm surprised you're here, Hyunjin."