12. morse code can be useful

MORSE CODE CAN BE USEFUL

・゚: * The plan comes together way too quickly for Nora's liking, but she decides not to say anything.

Whether she knows Will is still in there, or she's just hoping, she really doesn't know.

The interrogation is going to take place in the Byers' shed. Hopper and Jonathan are clearing out all the furniture and whatnot while Nancy and Steve were assigned to cover up all the doors, windows, and anything that would give Will a clue as to where he was. The kids are helping them out by going through the house for makeshift cover-ups.

Mike and Max are in the kitchen while Dustin, Lucas, and Nora are going through the garbage outside.

Nora finds it ironic the last time the trio was doing this it was to find a multi-universe creature, but now, it's so a multi-universe creature wouldn't find them.

"Hey. . ." Dustin is the first to break the silence. "I'm- I'm sorry about Dart, and all. I guess I thought he was. . . my friend. I was wrong. I broke the rule of law, so if you want your girlfriend to take over my spot in the party, I understand."

"Girlfriend?" Nora looks up in surprise. Girlfriend?

Lucas sighs and pinches the bridge of his nose in annoyance, "she's not my girlfriend."

"I saw you too holding hands in the bus, Lucas," Dustin sighs too.

Nora frowns. When were they holding hands? I held hands with her. Does that not mean anything? What, no. No, it doesn't mean anything. Why would it mean anything? We're just friends. God, Nora.

"She was just scared," Lucas explains. Nora can't help but feel like he was still being proud about what happened. Like, he's glad it was him who held Max's hand, and not anyone else.

You're reading too far into it, Nora. Relax, jeez.

"Maybe, but I could feel it." Nora pauses at Dustin's words.

"Feel what?"

"The electricity."

Nora isn't sure if she wants to throw up because of the trash or because of Dustin.

After a moment Lucas speaks to Nora, "do you think she's my girlfriend?"

Nora sighs, unable to make eye contact with Lucas. "I think she just needed someone, and you were there. She probably would've done the same if it were me or Dustin."

She did do the same when it was me. Did it mean as much to her as it did me? Or is she just a hand-holding-person?

Lucas nods, "do you think she wanted it to be me?"

Nora gather: a bunch of garbage bags in her hands. "I dunno, Lucas. Maybe. I'm gonna get these to my brother."

She makes her way to the shed and avoids eye contact with both Steve and Nancy who are stapling stuff to the walls.