59. Fighting Our Demons and Safe Locations

Arianna's P.O.V

We both stood in silence as I saw my men drag away the corpses while a few wiped the floors to remove any evidence or traces of a fight which might lead back to us, or specifically me. 

I kept glancing again and again at Aiden but every time I found him rigid and stony like, just staring into space. He didn't even look at me once but his eyes said everything. 

He was feeling terrible and guilty.

Seeing someone kill others at gunpoint was one thing but shooting someone for the first time was entirely different. I knew how it felt even if I was already trained to be like that, I knew it pained like a bitch.

But Aiden, he was never supposed to feel this. His whole like got upside down just because of me. Over that I messed up things even further by letting him get deeper and let him get involved in this.

How could I be so stupid? I knew from the beginning what risks were lying out there if he joined me but still I let my emotions cloud my judgements. Now Aiden was paying the price for it. 

I still shivered at the thought of Black Street's men knowing about him and Noah. Now he was so deep that I couldn't even let go of him. I had to be there to protect him, to see that no one can hurt him to use me. 

Suddenly I was pulled out of my thoughts as I heard someone call out my name. 

"Arianna! Oh my god!" I heard Theo's voice ring in my ears as a set of muscular arms wrapped themselves around me, pulling me closer. 

I blinked my eyes rapidly to bring myself back into the real world as I wrapped my arms around him, returning his hug. 

Soon he left me as I was again engulfed in another hug, this time belonging to Oliver.

"Dieu merci, tu vas bien! (Thank god you are fine!)" He whispered in my ear as I just simply nodded.

"What happened?" Theo asked worriedly as I looked up at him.

"Espionner. (Spy.)" I spoke emotionlessly as Theo almost stumbled over air while Oliver's mouth gaped open.

"You sure?" Oliver asked in a low deadly voice as I nodded at him, looking back at Aiden just to see he had vanished from his spot.

"Where is Aiden?" I spoke out as the two looked around, shrugging at me. 

"We need to find him! I don't want him roaming around in this state of mind of his! You two stay here, I am going out!" I spoke hurriedly as Theo furrowed his eyebrows at me.

"Anna I am sure he will be alright, not to say but this isn't his first time witnessing a shooting..." Theo trailed off as he saw the fiery glare in my eyes.

"Yes, but it is the first time he has shot someone." I said and rushed out the door, not waiting for any response.

I looked around in the quiet bare streets just to meet with silence. Where the fuck could he go right now?

I pulled out my phone as I dialed his number as I pressed the phone against my ear.

Please pick up, please!

The call got disconnected.

A wave of fear and guilt washed over me as I raked my fingers through my hair. What if- what if he tries to do something to himself- No no no! He won't do that! He won't- right?

I had to find him. Fast.

I got in my car hurriedly as I drove back home. I first had to grab a change of dress for both of us and then set up a search for him. I could still try to track his phone. I mean where could he actually go, it wasn't like he could leave the city right now.