Chapter 34

(unedited)

Amanda's P.O.V

Aimee and I have been shopping all day. It's been so much fun. We got dresses and shoes and laundre and some accessories as well.

The only thing that's been bugging me was the fact that whenever I said I was tired or thought we should get going back home, she would always find some reason to make us stay longer. I'm probably being paranoid or something, but I just have this feeling that she's up to something.

"Aimeeeeeeeee!" I drawled out. "I think we literally got everything you can buy and we've visited each store...twice! Can we please go home now? I'm tired!" she contemplated what I said for a little bit before her eyes went dead, telling me she was talking to someone. Soon enough, she was back to earth and nodded her head.

"Let's get going,"

"Finally!" I yelled out. Aimee gave me a smile, but there's was something behind it. Like she was hiding something from me.

~~~

"Hello?" I called out. "Is anyone home?" As soon as we pulled up to the driveway, Aimee ran into the house and I have no idea where she went. It's dark outside, and I think the power went out or something, because all the lights were out inside as well. I have never seen a horror movie before, but I imagine this is how they start.

Since it is so dark, I have to put my hands out to make sure I don't bump into anything or hurt something-more specifically, me.

Is this what it feels like to be blind? What if I was blind? Would Conlan still love me? Of course he would...right?

"He would love you even if you were the ugliest person in the world," I heard a deep voice say, indicating it was a guy. Wait...did I just say that out loud? "No, we can just read minds," oh okay...wait what? Why was I not informed of this? "You never asked?"

"Stop doing that!" I yelled out. "Wait...Ray? Where are you? I can't see you,"

"Over here. Follow my voice,"

I wasn't watching where I was going and...*bam*.

"Ow!" I rubbed my now hurting forehead, while listening to Ray's laughter. "Why'd you let me do that?"

"I didn't tell you to walk into a wall," I scowled at the invisible figure. "here" I then felt a hand guiding me forward.

We abruptly stopped and I heard rustling before Ray's hand on my back left. I didn't move because I immediately heard his voice again.

"I first want to apologize. I know we already went through this with the forgiving and stuff, but I'm going to do it again, and properly this time," he took a deep, preparing breath. "I'm a terrible brother. I wish I was better. You've never experienced the typical sister brother fights and activities that we were supposed to do together. I never wrestled you to the ground, or blamed you for something I did. I never got to be overprotective of you and scare the living bejesus out of some human boys. I know I can never make up for that. I know that I can never go back in time to give you all of that, BUT...I can give you a little bit of your childhood back," what is he talking about?

Suddenly, there was a spot light in the middle of the room with a single item on a wooden table. Hanging off this table, there was a paper with the number "6". On the table was a simple Barbie doll with a mini brush next to it. I could feel tears welling up in my eyes.

"Ray!" I yelled out. He came out of the shadows and I ran up to him just to jump up and straddle hug him. "This is so sweet,"

"And it's only the beginning,"