21. Sora

I feel a sickening chill run through my body and the color draining from my face as I drop the paintbrush from the shock of what I'm hearing.

"Dead?"

Amanda nods with a frown as he cradles baby Troy. "Last night when you left." She says.

I stand there feeling sick at how normal Kane came home last night as if he had not just cut someone's head off. Sure it was Aeyon but still.. he did not even tell me what happened or his plan, he just told me to leave and killed him without a trial.

"This is crazy." I mutter as I sit down and rub my face. "How can he act like everything is normal after killing someone so brutally manny? It's barbaric!" I say as I look at her.

She sighs and frowns. "He probably had his reasons, you're pregnant Sora.. he probably did it not to worry you." She gives me a reassuring smile.

I shake my head. "But not even a trial?" I stand up. "Don't you want to know why he did all this? What Braum's next move is? Am I the only one seeing the bigger picture?" I say losing my temper.

Amanda puts baby Troy on the sofa pillow and then comes over to me and wraps her arms around me. "I know it's unfair and different and all so crazy right now, but you must be strong.. you are a queen now with a child on the way, what happened last night had to be done Sora, it is our way of honoring those who died for our people at the hands of Aeyons people."

I release myself from Amanda as I hold my stomach and sigh. This is all too unreal and it's all happening too fast, will this little one be able to grow up in a world like this? Could I accept my child to grow up in such a harsh cruel world?

There has to be a way to make things better..

"I know, I just worry about Kane.. I know he is used to this..  but the future of our child... manny.. they would be half-human, I'm just scared." I mutter out.

"I'm not supposed to tell you but.. they know where Braum is Sora.." Amanda says quietly, I whip my head up and stare up in shock.

"Where?" I whisper.

She shrugs. "I just overheard Lucas last night.. events.." she says in a hushed tone.

How? How did they find him and what is Kane going to do next?

If they find him the war will end..

"Where is Kane right now?" I ask her as I stand up.

She frowns. "Sora what you're thinking of doing, don't."

I grab my coat and turn to Amanda holding Troy. "I'm thankful I have you manny." I say with a smile as I leave through the door, I hear her say something but I'm too far away to hear what.

I send Kane a text.

3:15pm

Hi.. where are you right now?

I walk down the street and there are so many people here, men.. women.. children..  creatures I have never seen before with wings and teeth so sharp.. things sure have changed since the first thing I arrived here.

It feels like years since I've been here when in reality it's only been two months.

3:17 pm

I just finished training, I was about to leave to see my beautiful mate. -Kane

I sigh then smile, I text back instantly.