Potter vs Potter

The night before the first Quidditch match, neither Potter twin got a lot of sleep. Both were restless, nervous about what would take place the following morning.

They both knew the other was nothing less than talented when it came to Quidditch. They grew up playing the sport. They weren't forced too, but they chose to. They learned from one of the best Quidditch players to ever walk the planet (in their opinion).

Their mother; Nova Potter.

As a duo, a team, the twins were unstoppable. They were synchronized. They were a unit of power. A unit no one dared to break.

But what happened when they were split?

Of course, they have been playing on separate teams since they got to Hogwarts...which neither admitted how hard it was to play against the other.

But now it was different.

Before they were playing under someone else's command. Now, they were playing under their own orders. They were in charge of their own team.

Neither twin would admit it aloud, but this was a chance for both of them to prove themselves worthy of the Potter name.

It had nothing to do with their father, the savior of the Wizarding War. It related to their mother, fierce warrior and all-star Quidditch player.

They knew their mother would be proud of them no matter what. However, this was their chance to prove to the world they were Nova's children. That they were worthy of her blood.

Ruby thought they were being ridiculous. While she loved watching the sport and getting furious about fouls, she didn't see the point in making it such a big part of your life. She recalled James sobbing about there being a scratch on his broom, believing it wouldn't fly as well. She didn't see the point in having new dragon hide gloves. Of practicing nonstop. Of buying the top quality broomstick polish.

She didn't see why the twins felt the need to be so competitive, especially when they'd be playing on the same team with a month.

With the transfers coming in the next month, Headmaster Minnie had come to a conclusion. Each house team would play one game this season. This would serve as an audition of sorts. After, the teachers, headboy, and headgirl, would come together and converse about the best students to play this school year, representing Hogwarts.

There will be a total of five teams playing. The Hogwarts team, composed of the obvious, Hogwarts students. The Ilvermorny team made of students from America. The Bulgarians along with the students from Russia would each have their own team. The fifth team would be composed of the lone transfers that were homeschooled or came from one of the smaller schools, providing limited students.

It was safe to say the Potters were thrilled to see their Uncle Vicky.

Nova, who has gotten a reputation of being intimidating, has remained in contact with Victor Krum. She even went as far as to pay a visit to Durmstrang and assist in several classes.

She scared the shit out of the Bulgarians on occasion.

(A/N this will be a one shot in the book being released within two weeks...im just waiting to write more before publishing)

All future plans aside, the moment the sun hit Jade's pink tinted cheeks in the early hours of dawn, her nervousness grew.

"HOLY FUCKING SHIT!" Remus exclaimed as he walked into the Viewing room.

"What?" James asked hurriedly as he faceplanted.

"Oh look!" Tonks shrugged with false enthusiasm. "Jade's on the roof of Hogwarts."