Chapter 21: Cloth

~ Time skip, the next morning ~

Zhongli's POV

I opened my eyes when I felt the sunlight touching my face. I slowly sat up and started fixing myself until I turned around to see (y/n) sleeping beside me with my coat on. I stared at her peaceful state and my eyes widen at the thought of everything that happened last night.

" (y/n)... I'm sorry... " I told her while caressing her cheeks. I started stroking her hair with my fingers, combing it. I saw her eyes starting to open, she then looked at me with a kind warm smile.

" Good morning, Zhongli... " She said with a sleepy voice and held my hand, she gently rested her cheek on my hand, making me cup her face.

" Good morning, (y/n). " I replied and smiled back at her. She yawned and started stretching her arms. She stood up and went to the mirror and stared at herself. I stood up and went behind her, placing both of my hands on top of her shoulders.

" Beautiful. " I said and rested my chin on top of her head. She blushed and just sighed.

" I think I need to go back to Liyue, I need a new dress... " She said and looked at me at the mirror and started fixing her hair.

" Ahh, yes. I'll be buying you a new one since I... ripped— "

" Ah haha. It's okay, Zhongli. I can buy it for myself. " She interrupted me.

" No, no. I insist. I'm very particular with anything from Liyue. Handiworks, food, places, resources— "

" Except mora, I know. " She said with a chuckle.

" Do you wanna see a magic trick? " I asked her with a smile. She turned around to look at me and nodded. I chuckled and showed her the palm of my hand which is empty and closed it.

" I want you to blow on it. " I said and her eyes widen.

" B-Blow? Blow what? " She asked and I nodded. She then blushed.

" My hand. " I answered.

" Oh... I thought... Alright. " She said and blew on my hand. I opened my palm and showed her a mora and her eyes widen. She then clapped her hands. I chuckled and took her hand and gave her the mora.

" I want you to keep it. " I told her, she then nodded and stared at it for a while.

" Yeah, it reminds me... You magically know how to create mora on thin air, but you don't own any... " She said and looked at me.

" I don't want to abuse my power nor my status as a god... But if you want I can make mora for you. " I said and she laughed at me. 

" Don't worry honey, I'm already rich enough. " She said with confidence and flipped her hair at me. The door then opened.

Diluc's POV

" You two are pretty early. Going somewhere? " I asked staring at them.

" Yeah, I need a new dress, we're going to Liyue and we'll be back here before evening if that's okay? " (y/n) told me.

" Sure, let us meet at the tavern later together with the traveler. " I told them and they both nodded and looked at each other.

" Okay, Diluc. " (y/n) said and they both left the room. I groaned in annoyance and just turned away from them.

" Just be careful. " I said enough for the both of them to hear.

" You too Diluc! " (y/n) cheerfully said.

I was heading my way to the fireplace to clean it up but my eyes were caught something that immediately got my interest, I saw a familiar piece of fabric on the floor.