Chapter 4 | Optimal

Though Mama has the key that unlocks this door, even she rarely enters this room. To us, this room is filled with mysteries.

"If there's "rope" to be found anywhere in this house," Norman opened the door. "then it has to be in here."

***

"We won't find any ropes?" Emma questioned.

"Yeah, since you know, people typically don't need ropes to live a normal life." Norman replied.

"He's right!"

"But..."

***

"If it's that... We should be able to find it right here in this house."

"Found it!" Norman grinned.

***

"A table cloth!"

The four unbuttoned the bottom of their shirts and table cloths fell out.

"We've got our "ropes"!" Emma said happily.

The optimistic girl took the "ropes", placed them in a bag, and hid them up in the hole of a tree.

"With this, we can climb over the wall!" (Y/N) said as Emma jumped down from the tree.

"Okay. The hard part comes now." Maiko said.

"Yeah..."

"The transmitters...and finding a way to get everyone out of here."

"Hey, (Y/N), Norman, Maiko." Emma jogged up to the three who were walking ahead. "Don't you think it's about time we tell Ray?"

"At first, I was thinking the same thing. Knowing him, he wouldn't panic. He's smart and also knows a lot about machinery. I'm sure he'll be able to help us out." Norman said.

"Calm and precise. Ray always thinks ahead and finds the most optimal solutions to things. His help is absolutely needed if we want everyone to survive. Still..."

"I'll talk to Ray. You two should head back for the time being." Norman told the girls.

"Why? You can tell me right now."

The four whipped around to see Ray sitting down on a rock, a book in hand, he waved his hand at them.

"RAY?!" Emma and (Y/N) exclaimed in surprise.

"Sorry, I followed you guys all the way here." Ray said.

The two girls seemed shocked while Maiko rolled her eyes.

"You could've said something sooner." The brown haired girl muttered under her breath.

"I've been itching all over with curiosity, and I'm fed up at this point... So I thought it was about time to just straight up ask." Ray then walked up and put his arms around Emma and Maiko's shoulders, pulling the four into a small huddle. "What happened at the gate?"