XXXVIII

Rᴜɴ ɪɴ ᴡɪᴛʜ Esᴄᴀʟ?!

After two more days, the group finally reached Liyue Harbor, both M/n and Zylith gawked at the beautiful display; neither feeling a sense of being overwhelmed

After two more days, the group finally reached Liyue Harbor, both M/n and Zylith gawked at the beautiful display; neither feeling a sense of being overwhelmed. If anything, they were amazed by Liyue Harbor.
"Whoa!! It's just as you described to me!"M/n muses to Xiao while holding onto his arm without noticing what he was doing. Xiao couldn't help the red tint consuming his face. Pretty soon Zhongli and Aether tease the Yaksha for becoming easily flustered.

It was also a rare sight to see an Archon like M/n frolicking with an Adepti especially when it was Xiao, so all eyes were on the group from the moment they stepped foot onto the harbor.
"Kitty."

"Huh- Oh!! Awe it's such a cutie!"Zylith picked up a small cat that was black and white. The small creature reminds M/n of his cat back on earth. M/n kneels and strokes the kitten's head and it purrs immediately.
"I think Andrius will get jealous if he sees you petting a cat."

"I sure he wouldn't, Andrius is a gentle boy! If he wouldn't hurt a small rabbit, he won't hurt this little one."

"Can we keep him?"Zylith asked holding the kitty close to his person, who could tell him no? It was the cutest sight to see, a Cryo pendant that dangles around M/n's wrist shakes lightly and glows.
"It seems like Andrius gave his answer already."

"Of course!"Zylith smiles happily and nuzzles the kitten. Since the kitten wasn't too heavy, Zylith puts the little one into the hood of his cloak; earning a pleased meow from the kitten.
"Eventually we'll have to name him."

"I'll make sure to give him a really good name!"

"Oh, The little Phoenix is going to name his first pet? I can't wait to hear it."Everyone froze for a solid second before looking up to see the one and only Escal. M/n cautiously moves Zylith behind him just to be safe, the air grows thick between the older males.
"No need to be alarmed, I'm just here to visit my home."

"Home? You live here in Liyue?"Zhongli asked, his voice was full of disbelief at the mere thought. Zhongli knew nearly every human in Liyue, except for this one.
"Yes, though I'm often far away from it. I've been told I have a very nomadic soul, so I'm never in the same place for long."Epel smile fully aware of their distrust of him. So he made no move to get closer to them and kept the distance; sensing that Xiao was dead set on attacking if he did get too close.
"You lot do not need to be so distrusting of me. I haven't done anything for you not to trust me."Then a gentle breeze floats by and Zylith could now smell a gentle scent, now confused he turns to look up at M/n.

"Ice and flowers...He smells like a Mist Flower Corolla and a Cecilia."M/n glances down at Zylith for a second before looking back up at Escal. The only person that Zylith has ever described with more than one scent was M/n, Aether, and Childe due to his use of an. Delusions; causing his soul to smell like an ocean breeze and Mist grass.
"My, I adore Mist flowers and Cecilia's but my favorite would have to be Lavender, the flower of the Vestalian kingdom."

"Of all the flowers in Teyvat...Why Lavender?"

"That is for me to know, your majesty. I've already sung for you, I must leave some more mystery for you to solve. Ah, I've held you lot for too long. Enjoy Liyue Harbor."Escal turns where he stood and went in the opposite direction because attempting to walk past them wouldn't be a good idea; since Xiao was still in attack mode and Escal knew about Andrius taking the form of a Cryo pendant.
"

That was... Tense...I don't like that feeling."

"Sorry, M/n... Why does he feel so...So familiar to me?"Zhongli mumbles out as he subconsciously took a step forward; as if he were going to follow after the mysterious male. There was a theory forming in M/n's head about Escal because he too felt that sense of familiarity, even now, the sight of Escal walking away made M/n want to call for him to return, which was a startling feeling. The two stare at Escal's back until he fades from view.
On the inside, Helios felt it too and, yet he felt afraid of the truth.

A few hours later the group found themselves at Wanmin restaurant to chow down before heading to an Inn for the night. As they ate, M/n couldn't focus on his meal, though it was delicious, his mind was on Escal.
"Hey... Zhongli, later could we speak alone?"

 Zhongli, later could we speak alone?"